Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any up and coming boxers with Mayweather/Pacquiao potential?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
    Boxing right now is like Superman losing his powers while fixing the hole in the ozone layer.

There literally is no future.
    Its cause the younger fighters are babied and they continue to give title shots to washed up 40 year olds that haven't won a fight in 3 years.

Except Broner of course. He was supposed to have an epic battle coming up with The Hitman Gary Sykes

Comment

Gamboa, Canelo, Chavez Jr, Donaire

Rios would be up there if he took his craft more seriously.

Comment

Jose Benavidez is a no brainer as well as Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyreww View Post
          Any boxers with the potential of Floyd and Manny that are up and coming?
          canelooooooooooooo!! that guys style is a very nice blend and his weapons are numerous. If he keeps it up he may be the next pacquiao or mayweather. He dismanted Shuga with smarter gameplan and way smarter skils. he also did it with patience and poise. LOOK OUT FOR THIS FIREPLUG!

Comment

I agree with some posters out here calling out Broner too. That dude is almosta carbon copy of a young floyd. Definite future star

Comment

Gamboa of course, really like Broner, Mike Garcia and Gary Russell Jr., that Arnett kid also looks impressive, it is nice to see a young prospect that is already a vicious body puncher

I don't think neither will be as "BIG" of a star as Mayweather or Pacquiao but all have STAR POTENTIAL

the next Era is boxing looks like he is going to have WAY MORE OVERALL TALENT AND COMPETITION...hopefully they all be willing to fight each other when that time comes!

but fans need to let these DEVELOP, stop trying to rush Mikey Garcia, Broner and Russell Jr. along, when their team around them feels they are ready for big fights, then they will start to take big fights

oh and add Demetrius Andrade on my list, another impressive looking prospect!
              Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 05-09-2012, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Broner maybe for the next Floyd but who knows til he's truely tested.

The next Pac is a little easier. Take a fighter who can bang at a low weight, feed him styles tailored to him, faded veterans with a name, weight-drain opponents, duck styles tailored to beat him, and when the competition will still be stiff with all these advantages add PED's! Oh I also forgot to mention pay off the judges and tell the other fighter it's just business.

Comment

Ward, Donaire, Gamboa, Canelo, Andre Dirrell, Russell Jr.

Comment

TBH Pacquiao didn't look like anything special when he was coming up.

Comment

Goodness, I hope not.

Comment

Working...
                      X