Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather/Pacquiao vs Martinez should never happen.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
    actually I want to see PAC face Martinez @154 after Floyd ...
    better yet I want the winner of PAC-PBF face Martinez ...

Comment

They both could fight him to seal off there legacy, there would be no questioning anyone of there legacies if they were to beat Martinez at 154 or higher.

I know greats like Srl, Hearns, and Duran moved up all the time in boxing, but these Ww don't seem to be interested in this.

Comment

Sounds like an excuse for 2 top pfp fighters avoiding the 3rd.They don't have to fight Martinez.If they didn't that doesn't mean they have ducked him.But Pacman & Floyd better never,ever,ever,ever fight at 154 again.

The upsetting part is that Floyd & Pacman have had an easier path to pfp status than Martinez.If they don't fight him fine.But they shouldn't be ranked higher than him beating shot,old,washed up fighters though.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper417 View Post
          I completely agree with everything TS says here BUT I'm not sure what was not legit about Floyd's JMW belt? Please elaborate, obviously it wasn't a lineal title or anything but still.

I agree with you and don't think there should be any talk of Mayweather or Pac ducking Martinez. He is a MUCH bigger man than either of them. However i would say that Oscar probably weighed about as much on fight night when he fought Floyd as Sergio typically does in the ring.
          There is no doubt that the Oscar fight was a lot more legit than Pac's bull**** belt, but was Oscar really the best jr middleweight at the time? I honestly don't remember.

Comment

Originally posted by ablindwatchmakr View Post
            Thanks. It speaks truth, lol.
            yes it does!!!! i have it saved on my pc lol! floyd or pac was never gonna fight that guy anyways lol

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
              They both could fight him to seal off there legacy, there would be no questioning anyone of there legacies if they were to beat Martinez at 154 or higher.

I know greats like Srl, Hearns, and Duran moved up all the time in boxing, but these Ww don't seem to be interested in this.

Hearns & Srl started at welter so its a **** comparison tbh, also duran started higher then both floyd and manny.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Keane View Post
                Hearns & Srl started at welter so its a **** comparison tbh, also duran started higher then both floyd and manny.
                Doesn't matter, a boxer should NEVER win a title at a weight-class that he is not willing to compete at.

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
                  better yet I want the winner of PAC-PBF face Martinez ...
                  I guess after Andre Ward cleans house in smw he should move up, knock B Hop out, and then take out the klitchsko's? C'mon dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    Sounds like an excuse for 2 top pfp fighters avoiding the 3rd.They don't have to fight Martinez.If they didn't that doesn't mean they have ducked him.But Pacman & Floyd better never,ever,ever,ever fight at 154 again.

The upsetting part is that Floyd & Pacman have had an easier path to pfp status than Martinez.If they don't fight him fine.But they shouldn't be ranked higher than him beating shot,old,washed up fighters though.
                    I agree, the p4p rankings are not completely accurate at the top. I mean, how are Manny and Floyd even in the top 5? Have pacquiao's last three performances been the best in boxing? Give me a god damn break. Not to mention the fact that Floyd hardly boxes anymore. You're right, they should never even think about fighting at 154 again.

Comment

Originally posted by jtiger777 View Post
                      yes it does!!!! i have it saved on my pc lol! floyd or pac was never gonna fight that guy anyways lol
                      If he was a welterweight they would both retire lol. Actually, We would probably get to see May and Pac because they would be scared of Martinez!

Comment

Working...
                      X