No announcement yet.

Wlad-Chisora cancellation: SAP Arena, Mannheim, Germany seats just 15,000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
    They are not on talking terms, as evidenced by this news.

When the Klitchkos are serious and when there is a serious negotiation they send Bernard Boente to do to the bidding.

The fact that Shelly Finkel is involved means that Booth and Haye most likely have made no indication that they were going to drop their ridiculous TV split demands.

The fact that Schaeffer is involved should tell you even more.

That means that people are really truly trying to talk some sense into David Haye and they know they're gonna have to get the big shooters after it.

On that Ringside program Booth's gripe was essentially that the German TV market could get 4 million if they bid it out instead of the current 3. He also admitted that the UK money was about 4, but nothing greatly exceeding the German $$. That being said it means a total of 7 million instead of 8 and ultimately cost Haye only 500,000 dollars.

Honestly... $500grand max, probably less.. that's all that's holding this up?

I don't believe for one second that is what is truly holding up this 10 million + fight that could sell 60K tickets at the gate.

I believe this is a way of Klitschko using HBO and Schaeffer to put pressure on Haye and Booth, in the public eye, just as Booth was dumb enough to request.

I expect HBO will make a very generous offer to bring the fight to Las Vegas or LA where Haye and Klitschko can divide their European monies and then receive a healthy sum to fight on HBO in primetime.

HBO will say, "here is another 2 million, forget the 500K, what do you say?"

Booth will be stuttering like a bumbling idiot.
    I reckon Schaeffer's involvement has to do with Haye having an unfullfilled agreement with GBP. An agreement that Haye has not delivered on. Now GBP wants Haye in the states so they can cash in and Haye wants to stay in Britain to keep them out.

Haye's option agreements with GBP and Sauerland prevents Haye from making the money he wants I think.

Comment

Weird stuff....

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Terrible news that the fight is off.

And what a terrible journalist who either is a Klit hater or simply puts pen to paper without checking anything.
        He's a Klitschko hater AND a terrible journalist.

Comment

BN24 is the worst boxing related website on the net. .

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            It would honestly be for the best if he really isn't hurt and they are just getting the Haye fight done now so no reason to fight Chisora who had no chance anyway.

who is that on your avatar again? thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X