Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khabib: Old Mayweather Drilling McGregor Could Damage MMA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It won't damage McGregor at all. Dumb asses like Chael Sonnen says if Mayweather doesn't knock McGregor out in 30 seconds it damages the credibility of boxing. Like FOH...

I'd expect one of these internet dumbies to say something like that, but for an actual fighter to say some stupid casual shyt like that makes me hope Mayweather breaks his face in.

Comment

McGregor beating Mayweather would destroy boxing

Comment

these are two different sports,different rules,mayweather beating McGregor isn't a big deal,he's not a boxer,mayweather is,it's like Floyd beating a boxer with one professional fight,big deal..this is an event,huge event,money,nothing more and people understand this,i hope they do,if this fight does happen I wonder what the price will be,$80-100?..

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
          McGregor beating Mayweather would destroy boxing
          Idk about all that, but for sure it makes boxing the butt of jokes for awhile. And Floyd would be the butt of jokes for the rest of his life & his rep in boxing would be f#cked. He'd be the new Michael Spinks after Mike Tyson 91 seconded him except worse. Floyd would have to claim he had ebola or something crazy like that lol.

Too old wouldn't even cut it vs a guy with no pro fights & no amateur fights that I'm aware of. I mean I think he'll have some explaining to do if he doesn't KO Conor. The expectation on Floyd would be huge & would require a perfect performance & even then most cats are gonna be like "well he was supposed to do that" lol. Its a kinda f#cked up situation for Floyd...well outside of the crazy payday which is obviously why he'd be doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Conor already lost to Nate Diaz in his own sport & sold more PPV's after that L than any fight in combat sports in the last decade besides Floyd vs Manny & Floyd vs Canelo. Matter of fact I think Conor has 3 of the top 6 or 7 selling PPV's in combat sports in the last decade & 2 of them were after he lost.

A L to an "ATG" boxer in a boxing match does nothing to his rep. Sh^t man if Conor wins a round its a W. If Conor hears the bell for the 4th round its a W. The bar for Conor is low here. Saying Conor has much of anything on the line here is like saying if Tom Brady lost a pick up basketball game to LeBron his rep is ruined.

As usual lotsa boxing fans got nutty logic & don't even care to consider facts with anything MMA related for whatever weird bias they often have.
            Touché, perhaps it does nothing to Conor, but it does absolutely nothing to damage MMA as a whole. That's more what I was referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
              The only thing it damages is McGregor's reputation and potential buys for Khabib vs McGregor. It'll damage McGregor for sure, but the sport will be fine.
              Pretty much this, and McGregor would get seriously busted up by a 40 year old Mayweather. UFC will be fine, boxing will be fine.
              Last edited by robbyheartbaby; 04-02-2017, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                It won't damage McGregor at all. Dumb asses like Chael Sonnen says if Mayweather doesn't knock McGregor out in 30 seconds it damages the credibility of boxing. Like FOH...

I'd expect one of these internet dumbies to say something like that, but for an actual fighter to say some stupid casual shyt like that makes me hope Mayweather breaks his face in.
                I agree. Chael is one of the dumbest commentators and fighters I've seen or heard. It's weird because even though the guy speaks well he still ends up saying something stupid all the time. McGregor will definitely go more than 30 seconds but his chances of winning the fight are very slim.

Floyd's credibility takes a hit if he loses though. McGregor's credibility won't take a hit unless he gets dominated badly in there which is very possible.

Comment

Conor is going to look dumb, even if Mayweather carries him he will gas badly midway through.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
                    I agree. Chael is one of the dumbest commentators and fighters I've seen or heard. It's weird because even though the guy speaks well he still ends up saying something stupid all the time. McGregor will definitely go more than 30 seconds but his chances of winning the fight are very slim.

Floyd's credibility takes a hit if he loses though. McGregor's credibility won't take a hit unless he gets dominated badly in there which is very possible.
                    Definitely. There's a lot less upside for Mayweather in this. Money definitely, but if he loses his credibility takes a huge dive.

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
                      The only thing it damages is McGregor's reputation and potential buys for Khabib vs McGregor. It'll damage McGregor for sure, but the sport will be fine.
                      I disagree

Conor will be bigger than ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X