Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nunes bodybags Cyborg

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was expecting a thread by mayweatherspacee titled: Nunes destroys male fighter

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
      Never rated nunes that much always thought a Holm would take her on points with her superior chin keeping her in the fight but she was impressive. Cyborg looked huge and clearly gained way too much weight after the weigh in. Crazy big difference in speed cause cyborg was massive.
      I also belived Holm would defeat her by outboxing her all the way through with her long arms and legs... Holm had failed at the top level since the ronda fight... she should have got the decision vs randme... and the tate fight was punch perfect till the submission... was gutted at that. Nunes will retire on top. Cyborg fought the wrong fight and got caught... underestimated nunes power... paid the hefty price for it. I thought Cyborg will pick nunes apart with her size and strength. Not a fan of nunes but got to give credit where credit is due... she obliterated Cyborg and Ronda.

Comment

It was exciting to witness. Cyborg looked very slow and robotic.

All the extra muscle and size didn’t help her. Might be a good time to think about changing up her training to focus on speed and stamina. She can’t retire after getting destroyed like this.

Comment

I had a feeling Nunes was going to surprise a lot of people.

Comment

I don't know why nunes was such an underdog, she's a serious fighter.

Cyborg is a veteran I remember her wrecking my crush gina Carano like a decade ago. She's a physical freak but comes from "that era" before the women were true pros. She had a great career, probably time to finish up.

Comment

Originally posted by super-x View Post
              I also belived Holm would defeat her by outboxing her all the way through with her long arms and legs... Holm had failed at the top level since the ronda fight... she should have got the decision vs randme... and the tate fight was punch perfect till the submission... was gutted at that. Nunes will retire on top. Cyborg fought the wrong fight and got caught... underestimated nunes power... paid the hefty price for it. I thought Cyborg will pick nunes apart with her size and strength. Not a fan of nunes but got to give credit where credit is due... she obliterated Cyborg and Ronda.
              I like nunes a lot but please don't start with the she will retire on top. This is MMA she will lose to an underdog within 3 fights that's how it goes.

Comment

Wow I seriously am surprised with the outcome. Nunes was sharp and on point. Her eyes were locked on target and she delivered the bombs. Great performance.

Comment

When two KO artists starts to exchange anything can happen, this time Cyborg wasn't having any luck, but it doesn't mean if that fight happens 10 times out of 10 Nunes would beat her every time. I think Cyborg was too overconfident with her size and power advantage and tried to overwhelm Nunes without thinking much about defense. Didn't even back down when she was wobbled after a punch. And paid the price for that. Nunes deserves a lot of credit, with Cyborg, Rousey, Shevchenko, Tate in her resume, best woman fighter right now and she doesn't have any challenges at this point

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                    Oh damn

Comment

Also, to put the win in perspective. Nunes was moving UP in weight to a class she hadn't competed in as a pro because Cyborg couldn't cut anymore. She took a grand total of 99 seconds to obliterate Ronda Rousey and Cris Cyborg.

There's no way she's not in the conversation now, Dana. Paige failed, Holly failed, Sage failed, Conor failed; time to market Amanda properly.

Comment

Working...
                      X