Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Cautions 'Now or Never' For Whyte To Accept Joshua Offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    Jesus christ, that's 11 weeks...
    Right. This should be wrapped up.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      Man, if you think about it, Hearn has done GREAT for Whyte. Unreal how that guys has become a legitimate PPV fighter doing 400k+ buys each time out.

Crazy part is he probably will get what he wants since Wilder/Fury look to be out of the picture unless they elect the Miller route. So Whyte's meetings with the PBC/ESPN seemed to work out for him.
      I thought the PBC/ESPN thing was stupid at first, since Whyte really isn't a star, just in England thanks to Eddie

but then I remembered that Haymon wants to take over the UK, so maybe he wants Whyte to be his guy over there?

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
        Right. This should be wrapped up.
        exactly! going to need to start camp soon

Comment

Hold up, is Hearn saying Whyte is only being offered about $5 million or so for Joshua? Hearn has to do better than that to get that fight made. Not saying that is a bad pay day by any means, but the man has proven he can do 400k+ buys WITHOUT Joshua.

That PPV will do at least 1.5M buys or more with a live gate of $12M or so. Hearn has to up the offer a bit more to get Whyte to sign the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            I thought the PBC/ESPN thing was stupid at first, since Whyte really isn't a star, just in England thanks to Eddie

but then I remembered that Haymon wants to take over the UK, so maybe he wants Whyte to be his guy over there?
            I'm not even sure if Haymon really wants to take over the UK market to be honest. Look at all the PBC cards being picked up by ITV. I think that was the main reason for the deal since Sky/BT Sports no longer pick up PBC cards. But Whyte would definitely help him attract other UK fighters and would be his biggest star there. Also a good future opponent for his guy Joyce.

Comment

If your Whyte, you take the fight, it's for less money, but you take the fight, Whyte seems to be of the mindset that this title shot is his cash out, if he had confidence in himself, and his ability to defeat Joshua, he wouldn't be trying to protect his position to the point that he would walk away from the biggest fight of his life.

Comment

Isn't Whyte a mando in waiting? Time is on his side one would think here. He's getting a Joshua fight sooner or later so however is the best way to get the most money is the play here it would seem from his angle.

And Hearn as usual lately is looking awkward again with can't make a deal for a fight with the 2nd biggest name in boxing somehow.

Mfer is allegedly trying to pay Whyte less for Joshua than for f#cking Del Boy. That doesn't make any kind of sense unless Whyte is more f#cking popular in the UK that its smarter for him to A side vs a also ran contender like Del Boy vs B side vs the 2nd biggest draw in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Clubber Pac View Post
                  If your Whyte, you take the fight, it's for less money, but you take the fight, Whyte seems to be of the mindset that this title shot is his cash out, if he had confidence in himself, and his ability to defeat Joshua, he wouldn't be trying to protect his position to the point that he would walk away from the biggest fight of his life.
                  Maybe I'm the crazy one here, but shouldn't the biggest fight be for the best money you've gotten? If Del Boy pays better than Joshua for Whyte its better business & better for Whyte & his family to A side vs whoever than B side to Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Isn't Whyte a mando in waiting? Time is on his side one would think here. He's getting a Joshua fight sooner or later so however is the best way to get the most money is the play here it would seem from his angle.

And Hearn as usual lately is looking awkward again with can't make a deal for a fight with the 2nd biggest name in boxing somehow.

Mfer is allegedly trying to pay Whyte less for Joshua than for f#cking Del Boy. That doesn't make any kind of sense unless Whyte is more f#cking popular in the UK that its smarter for him to A side vs a also ran contender like Del Boy vs B side vs the 2nd biggest draw in boxing.
                    Whyte turned down all the title eliminators they put him in

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      Maybe I'm the crazy one here, but shouldn't the biggest fight be for the best money you've gotten? If Del Boy pays better than Joshua for Whyte its better business & better for Whyte & his family to A side vs whoever than B side to Joshua.
                      I'm not sure what he got paid for the Chisora fight, but I'd have to think if the PPV did 400k buys and they sold out the arena, he had to get paid around $4-5M. To me even if the Joshua offer is more, it isn't THAT much more than he made vs Chisora.

Again, he specifically mentioned if you are giving Wilder/Fury a 60/40 split, then give me the same split. Lol, the man is not playing any games.

Comment

Working...
                      X