No announcement yet.

Bets In: Pac/Broner goes to a controversial draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revelated View Post
    I was the one that said Horn would take Manny the distance despite numerous people predicting a knockout.

I was the one that kept saying Bradley would beat Manny in the first fight.

The first fight where there's NO random drug testing and Roach (who was against Ariza's special shakes) is out of the way, Manny gets a knockout.

Now you got a Manny Pacquiao who is essentially subject to Floyd Mayweather's rules, a guy who claims to want to try to help Broner get back on track. And now Roach is back in the mix trying to sell the fight.

Manny would have to go all out like Jacobs did against Quillin in order to get Broner out of there and I frankly am not sure Manny has that within him. He didn't even do that against a zombie Lucas.

Again, I might very well be wrong. All I'm saying is that the signs don't point to a dominant Manny blowout.
    Pac beat Bradley in the first fight. And Floyd who Pac took to court due to cheater allegations, we all know what happened there lol! Pac was too small in the Horn fight but managed to hurt the bigger guy and should’ve gotten the nod but that’s boxing for you.

Pac is 40 and if he looks his age and looks shot tomorrow, he should hang up them gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by tatot View Post
      Pac beat Bradley in the first fight. And Floyd who Pac took to court due to cheater allegations, we all know what happened there lol! Pac was too small in the Horn fight but managed to hurt the bigger guy and should’ve gotten the nod but that’s boxing for you.

Pac is 40 and if he looks his age and looks shot tomorrow, he should hang up them gloves.
      Let’s be honest.

Pac-Man will batter Broner. This isn’t a test.

A test would be Pac-Man v Crawford, or Pac-Man v Spence

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
        Let’s be honest.

Pac-Man will batter Broner. This isn’t a test.

A test would be Pac-Man v Crawford, or Pac-Man v Spence
        Totally agree with you. Unfortunately though, it may take the likes of Spence and Crawford to get Pac to realize father time has caught up.

Comment

Pac beat Bradley in the first fight.
          Not according to the history books he didn't.

Pac was too small in the Horn fight but managed to hurt the bigger guy and should’ve gotten the nod
          "managing to hurt" your opponent doesn't guarantee you a win. See Bradley/Vargas.

Bottom line is that the Hornet bullied Manny for 7 rounds of a 12 round fight. That's all that was needed, according to 6 of 8 independent judges from around the world.

Comment

Not according to the history books he didn't.

"managing to hurt" your opponent doesn't guarantee you a win. See Bradley/Vargas.

Bottom line is that the Hornet bullied Manny for 7 rounds of a 12 round fight. That's all that was needed, according to 6 of 8 independent judges from around the world.
            From around the world or WBO judges? lol! He was bullied I agree but it was Pac who landed more telling blows and beat up Horn and almost stopped the Australian in the 9th whereas Horn was headbutting and elbowing and was so rough. The decision was controversial admit it or not.

Comment

From around the world or WBO judges? lol! He was bullied I agree but it was Pac who landed more telling blows and beat up Horn and almost stopped the Australian in the 9th whereas Horn was headbutting and elbowing and was so rough. The decision was controversial admit it or not.
              It was only controversial in the eyes of people who only care about punches and ignore everything else.

What's irrefutable - and yes, WORLDWIDE judges that were contacted by WBO - largely agreed that Horn won the fight. So this idea of hometown benefit is BS.

Ultimately, Manny didn't show up. The judges punished him. That's what happened.

Comment

It was only controversial in the eyes of people who only care about punches and ignore everything else.

What's irrefutable - and yes, WORLDWIDE judges that were contacted by WBO - largely agreed that Horn won the fight. So this idea of hometown benefit is BS.

Ultimately, Manny didn't show up. The judges punished him. That's what happened.
                The fight was controversial and Teddy can attest to that as him and Bradley were calling the fight at ringside at that time. Horn’s face was priceless when Atlas told him in his face that he lost. It is huge coming from someone like Atlas who is a long time Pac critic and a hater.

Comment

I think this will be closer than most people think. A draw isn't out of the question.

Comment

A possibility. Is Pac wins most rds, like GGG- Canelo I, it could end in a fake draw.

Comment

nah, Pac isnt losing if this goes to the scorecards and is probably fighting Floyd or Thurman next

Comment

Working...
                      X