Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 09-17-2019, 02:34 PM #101
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1439 Post(s)
QueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,328.82
Total Points: 57,775.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old LefHook View Post
What you mean is he was assaulted on the street. He didn't throw any punches. It was not a fight.
- -A real fight, not a boxing match.

What grade you in now?

60th?
QueensburyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-17-2019, 06:46 PM #102
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2369 Post(s)
john l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,178.91
Total Points: 43,332.75
Without that black bottle preferrably.  Haha.  Good post. - anthonydavid11 Cheers, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Proven liar and NSB Pick 'em cheat. - Robbie Barrett Makes up lies. Not to be trusted. - Robbie Barrett Disgraceful liar and cheat, that loves man meat - Robbie Barrett 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
Try to ignore that jackass. There are still good posters and good discussion to be had in this section but not usually in any thread where he is involved.
Your right and I do need to get better at walking away, but my Irish temper gets the best of me sometimes lol. Yea its guys like you and some others that do really know boxing that keeps me coming back and dealing with all the fanboys and trolls.
john l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 07:00 PM #103
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1287 Post(s)
The Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 38,976.23
Total Points: 42,101.65

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeandthebums View Post
A typical sparring session for a day was 5 rounds, opponents varied from 2 to 5.

Robinson unless struggling with the weight never usually sparred once there were 3 days until fight.

He was highly thought of with regards to going into "camps" already close to top condition and his timing on point.

Noted sparring partners of Robinson tended to be experienced undercard fighters.

Wade and Cocoa Kid are unique in that they were big-name fighters used by Robinson and both were effectively retired when made headlines because of incidents.

Excellent report! Do you know if Robinson was considered rough on the sparring partners, besides sometimes apparently not paying them for their services?
The Old LefHook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 10:32 PM #104
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1439 Post(s)
QueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,328.82
Total Points: 57,775.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by john l View Post
Your right and I do need to get better at walking away, but my Irish temper gets the best of me sometimes lol. Yea its guys like you and some others that do really know boxing that keeps me coming back and dealing with all the fanboys and trolls.
- -Dum and Dummer sitting in a tree...K-I-S-S-I-N-G!
QueensburyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 01:04 AM #105
Interim Champion

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
joeandthebums has a reputation beyond reputejoeandthebums has a reputation beyond reputejoeandthebums has a reputation beyond reputejoeandthebums has a reputation beyond reputejoeandthebums has a reputation beyond reputejoeandthebums has a reputation beyond reputejoeandthebums has a reputation beyond reputejoeandthebums has a reputation beyond reputejoeandthebums has a reputation beyond reputejoeandthebums has a reputation beyond reputejoeandthebums has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,030.38
Total Points: 7,359.02

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old LefHook View Post
Do you know if Robinson was considered rough on the sparring partners, besides sometimes apparently not paying them for their services?
No evidence to suggest he was or wasn't. However I would assume given his comment below that the answer may of been no.

"I was never a killer, like some fighters. I never enjoyed knocking out a guy who I knew had no chance to beat me."
joeandthebums is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends