• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lmfao god modern music sucks so much ass

Look at the top 100 list here for the decade

https://www.billboard.com/charts/decade-end/hot-100

Are u fuking kidding me?

Thrift shop, Party Rock, Stronger, Counting Stars, Hello, and Wake me Up are the only decent songs on that list. LMFAO

jack_the_rippuh name 1 song that is remotely good what that's right u can't phaggot suck my dick

Comment

I don't listen to any music channels anymore, so I would not know much about the terrain of modern music 'I only became aware of who Dua Lipa was, because of these forums for example'.

I assume she is the individual who has now taken over from Adele. It was at the time when Lil Wayne was having success that I started to tune out etc

Comment

Ha, im with you on this. Its all crap. They dont make music like they used to. Funny though cuz my mother said the same thing to me about all the very good music that i grew up with.

Comment

I usually scoff & chuckle at PB32's threads and postings .....

.....BUT....

He has stated no truer words than this title. Being a musician since the 80's (yea I'm an OG) I've been witness to the slow and steady digression into musical idiocrasy. It started with drum machines, samplers, that paved the way for the label execs to fit any semi-talented good looking fashion model reject into a cash cow.

When the king of HipHop is some kid from Canada that came up thru the Disney channel and not the streets, that says something about the state of things.

Comment

I prefer less well known artists look up lily moore - undo she's got a great voice. But of course my favourite tunes are from years ago.

https://youtu.be/KKG4lxDv_cw

Comment

The only people paying for music post-internet are preteens. So the market caters to them.

I only get worried when I see adults listening to the "latest chart toppers".

Comment

Originally posted by club fighter View Post
                I usually scoff & chuckle at PB32's threads and postings .....

.....BUT....

He has stated no truer words than this title. Being a musician since the 80's (yea I'm an OG) I've been witness to the slow and steady digression into musical idiocrasy. It started with drum machines, samplers, that paved the way for the label execs to fit any semi-talented good looking fashion model reject into a cash cow.

When the king of HipHop is some kid from Canada that came up thru the Disney channel and not the streets, that says something about the state of things.

me too --guitar since 83 . I cant listen to the radio now.

also - RAP IS NOT MUSIC !!

Comment

Originally posted by 493dart View Post
                  me too --guitar since 83 . I cant listen to the radio now.

also - RAP IS NOT MUSIC !!
                  No, spoken word to music is, and always will be an art form, it's just that HipHop has taken over which is built on ideals that are newer and you (like me) are rooted in older musical concepts.

As for "Rap" not being musical, where would Aerosmith be without "Walk this Way"?, if you're a guitar man from back in the day, I'm sure you see the weight of that.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tjFwcmHy5M

i am still trying to drop my epix album.. repeat and re repeat.. repetative and easy to repeat..

too many copy cats.. messing with my ability to become a juke box hero.. boss playa... king of master... bblam blizame the japanese for karaoke.. and the fools who get told they got wicked sick rap skills..

i think it is due to lack of talent.. or if the talent exists.. people are copying like never before...

in programming.. you got to take some class file and extend it.. to achive something ..... implent runable. and nevermind...

there are so many street preformers who got skills..

Comment

Working...
                    X