Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julio cesar chavez jr is a horrible match up for canelo...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Julio cesar chavez jr is a horrible match up for canelo...

This has all the hallmarks of a cherry pick gone wrong.

Now i dont think chavez is an 'A' class world level fighter, however i believe he is a 'B' level fighter at his weight. A good solid fighter. There are huge question marks against canelo because of his ability to rehydrate, i may be wrong in terms of exact weights but to me its looked like hes been the bigger man every fight ive seen of his. I know hes rated highly on here but i have serious doubts about what level of skill canelo actually has, and how hes going to cope when his size advantage turns into a disadvantage against the larger man.

Fonfara stopped chavez in his tracks because he was a LHW with good pop, canelo hasnt really shown much pop at JMW, the guys hes looked powerful against have been packing glass (amir khan and james kirkland). I think these recent knockouts have given de la hoya and canelo false confidence in there punching power.

People say that stylistically canelos krytonite is pure boxers (lara, mayweather, trout) however i'd argue as he goes up the weights and loses his size advantage, its pressure fighters that are going to be his downfall as canelo is very hittable, his feet are unbelievably slow as if he is wearing lead boots in swampmud. I also dont believe he is carrying much power to stop pressure fighters coming forward.

Martinez had the ability to dance round chavez and negate his size advantage, canelo doesnt. Size isnt always a factor but because of how the styles match up, it will be a factor here. I can see chavez jr plodding forward, unfazed by canelos shots, and gradually having more and more success as the fight goes on. We cant forget that he was very very close to taking martinez out in that fight aswell, a martinez who at the time was dominant at 160.

Whether he wins or not, im not sure (and mainly cause i dont trust the judges) but i think canelo is going to get more than he bargained for if chavez takes the camp seriously.

Does anyone else smell an upset here?

This is what they want you to believe. PEDnelo will be super strong and Chavez jr will be super weak.

Comment

If Chavez comes into the ring looking like Dead man walking then he has obviously not a chance BUT I do smell an upset if Chavez can make the weight in a healthy way.

Chavez is physically bigger and stronger and is a come forward fighter. I can see Chavez walk down and stop an exhausted Canelo.

Comment

weight is the factor.

This is like taking a guy out of a concentration camp to fight a guy who is in shape.

I am rooting for Chavez anyway.

Comment

Chavez Junior's hand speed will let him down in this fight, he may tire and wear down Canelo! but not be able to capitalize on it completely! because of his hand's being too slow basically......

Comment

I think Canelo will target the body, hopefully Jr is ready for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pechorin View Post
              I think Canelo will target the body, hopefully Jr is ready for it.
              It's got a bodyshot KO written all over it...

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
                weight is the factor.

This is like taking a guy out of a concentration camp to fight a guy who is in shape.

I am rooting for Chavez anyway.
                but does the guy in concentration camp knows how to fight? if he does, my moneys on him.

Comment

Weight matters. At 164 and a half, Chavez will be very vulnerable to body shots...Chavez's only talent is being durable and big....if he's drained none of that matters.

Comment

i just cant see chavez being the one to stop canelo.

Comment

Working...
                    X