• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
    Getting 306 Electoral votes isn't barely winning,
    It is barely winning.

it was a landslide.
    He lost the popular vote! How is that a landslide?

He also got 30% of the latino vote, and the same amount of the black vote that Romney got.
    As the latino vote gets bigger, that 30% is going to kill the republican party.

It's the ying and yang, there will be people flopping from one side of the party to the other as long America exists.
    California used to be a swing state. It's solid blue because of non-white immigration. Virginia used to be a reliable red state. It is now a blue state for the same reason.

Comment

It all goes downhill for the republicans.....they had the candidate with all the momentum and he still barely won and lost the popular vote. The moment a populist runs in the side of the dems, it's over. Clinton was the weakest candidate possible. If Bernie were younger, he'd easily win 2020.....hell, whoever he sides with on 2020 is the next president.

Comment

Originally posted by Xoo View Post
        It is barely winning.

California used to be a swing state. It's solid blue because of non-white immigration. Virginia used to be a reliable red state. It is now a blue state for the same reason.
        Yes, and Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin haven't voted red since the Reagan days when America was great, now America might be great again.

Comment

It is barely winning.

It is not barely winning, when the House, the Senate, and the Governors also were all voted in majority republican. Losing the popular vote means little for the simple reason of having an extraordinary population in places like California where their values are not identified with the rest of the country.

In a generation or two the latino population will be cut in half due to assimilation. Their grand kids wont be saying I am Mexican, Puerto Rican, or Brazilian, and therefore im voting democrat, they will be saying my grandparents were Mexican, my parents are half irish half mexican, my other grandparents are Italian etc... and I am voting for the candidate that best represents the values I was raised with. That is how this country works.

Give the country a candidate they can all rally for and California will vote red in a heartbeat. If Trump manages to be a great president and shows that he cares about the American people, and increases jobs and wages, then you might find a lot more red supporters than you think.

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
            It is not barely winning, when the House, the Senate, and the Governors also were all voted in majority republican. Losing the popular vote means little for the simple reason of having an extraordinary population in places like California where their values are not identified with the rest of the country.
            Demographic change is going to change all of that to blue. If you're young you will definitely live to see it.

In a generation or two the latino population will be cut in half due to assimilation. Their grand kids wont be saying I am Mexican, Puerto Rican, or Brazilian, and therefore im voting democrat, they will be saying my grandparents were Mexican, my parents are half irish half mexican, my other grandparents are Italian etc... and I am voting for the candidate that best represents the values I was raised with. That is how this country works.
            The only way Republicans will be able to compete with Democrats in the future is by running cucks who are no different than Democrats.

Give the country a candidate they can all rally for and California will vote red in a heartbeat. If Trump manages to be a great president and shows that he cares about the American people, and increases jobs and wages, then you might find a lot more red supporters than you think.
            California will not vote red unless the red team runs a total cuck and even then I wouldn't bet on it.

Comment

Demographic change is going to change all of that to blue. If you're young you will definitely live to see it.

The only way Republicans will be able to compete with Democrats in the future is by running cucks who are no different than Democrats.

California will not vote red unless the red team runs a total cuck and even then I wouldn't bet on it.
              You are way too cynical, human nature does not work that way. If Donald Trump does a great job in office, and actually makes good in getting money out of politics, creates jobs which continually raise wages, and therefore considerably raising the standard of living among the working class, then he will have gained the Republican party an innumerable amount of young voters. And at the moment they have all the tools to do some genuine good for America, I just hope they don't blunder it.

Comment

Working...
              X