This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    I watched De La Hoya Vs. Mayorga last night, Lewis Vs. Tyson this afternoon. Thinking of digging out some Wilfredo Gomez tonight.

Poet
    I was watching Gomez fights the other day the Derrik Holmes fight was a pretty entertaining fight. I liked his beat down of Juan Meza to, brutal beat down.

I watched the Thomas vs Tyson fight because of what you said earlier. Tyson looked flat and aside from a tremendous!! finish he was not that impressive. I had Tyson one round ahead 3-2 but Thomas did okay untill the KO.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
      I was watching Gomez fights the other day the Derrik Holmes fight was a pretty entertaining fight. I liked his beat down of Juan Meza to, brutal beat down.

I watched the Thomas vs Tyson fight because of what you said earlier. Tyson looked flat and aside from a tremendous!! finish he was not that impressive. I had Tyson one round ahead 3-2 but Thomas did okay untill the KO.
      What did you think of the commentary in the Tyson Vs. Thomas fight?

Poet

Comment

What did you think of the commentary in the Tyson Vs. Thomas fight?

Poet
        How do you mean? I thought Leonard was being big headed about his win over Hagler, that Larry Merchant was giving Thomas too much credit for the rounds he thought he was winning lol

Comment

How do you mean? I thought Leonard was being big headed about his win over Hagler, that Larry Merchant was giving Thomas too much credit for the rounds he thought he was winning lol
          Bingo! LOL!

Poet

Comment

Bingo! LOL!

Poet
            Which part, about Ray, or both? lol

Comment

Which part, about Ray, or both? lol
              Merchant of course lol. I can't stand that drunk

Poet

Comment

Merchant of course lol. I can't stand that drunk

Poet
                I watched the whole telecast and Harold Lederman's scorecard for Douglas vs Tucker was a WTF moment, he had Tucker sweeping the early rounds the dumb mofo.

One thing ive noticed about Lederman's scorecard besides them always being inaccurate is........he scores heavily in favour of workrate.

Comment

I watched the whole telecast and Harold Lederman's scorecard for Douglas vs Tucker was a WTF moment, he had Tucker sweeping the early rounds the dumb mofo.

One thing ive noticed about Lederman's scorecard besides them always being inaccurate is........he scores heavily in favour of workrate.
                  Which explains him scoring Williams-Quintana I for Williams and Jirov-Toney for Jirov if not for the knockdown.

Comment

Yeah, Lederman has his biases: Most judges do. Workrate IS important (Mayweather and Wlad Klitschko call your offices) but it isn't the ONLY thing. Lederman's biggest bias is toward the aggressor: Barring a fighter being visibly hurt, if the punches landed is even remotely close Lederman practically always scores the round for the more aggressive fighter.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                      Which explains him scoring Williams-Quintana I for Williams and Jirov-Toney for Jirov if not for the knockdown.
                      Yeah, Lederman has his biases: Most judges do. Workrate IS important (Mayweather and Wlad Klitschko call your offices) but it isn't the ONLY thing. Lederman's biggest bias is toward the aggressor: Barring a fighter being visibly hurt, if the punches landed is even remotely close Lederman practically always scores the round for the more aggressive fighter.

Poet
                      Wow i was not aware of that TheGreatA, but there you have it a nutshell. I watched Ishe Smith vs Danny Jacobs a few weeks ago and i thought he was being way to generous to Jacobs, i thought Jacobs won but Smith landed some huge! shots in that fight. I still thought Jacobs won but......

Yep agree. When ever he gives scorecard i know its going to be in favour of the wrong guy or the same as mine but he has the guy 7 rounds infront instead of 1/2 like me lol

Comment

Working...
                      X