No announcement yet.

Mayweather reacts to lomachenko's ko of linares;

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    but floyd fought pac when he was well past his best and recently ko'd so thats not the same fight at all. if you thought prime floyd would beta prime pac ok cool but thats not the fight that happened so you can't conflate the two. thats kind of the whole criticism regarding the fight but i guess you missed that?

also if you watch the tape pac landed the much cleaner harder shot and should have won. floyd was coming up short and barely grazing pac with his punches. if that was anyone else he would have lost with that pathetic performance but he's the money man so you know what they do. protect the money. they leaned hard on his reputation for that one. he simply was doing fu-ck all for most of the rounds while pac was landing the clean shots. they used pacs aggressive nonstop whirlwind reputation against him there. oh pac picked his shots and landed the cleaner harder punches well i guess thats a floyd round?
    This miserable old man is still ducking my challenge

C'mon let's really go gif for gif of all of the clean punches landed

STOP DUCKING ME

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
      I agree with the bold part.

I think Loma's optimum weight is 130/135 max. He might wanna stick around in between those weights for the reminder of his career. A good place to build his legacy.
      I agree basically, I see 140 as his absolute cap but don't think he would be well served fighting natural 140 pounders. Lomachenko is smaller and leaner than Pacquaio and relies on speed. Pacquiao was absolutely tiny at 147. If Loma moves up too much his speed will fade and he's never been a power puncher. I could see him losing to people far below his skill level if he keeps moving up.

135 is perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
        This miserable old man is still ducking my challenge

C'mon let's really go gif for gif of all of the clean punches landed

STOP DUCKING ME
        Yes! Do it, I'd love to see these gifs. Not just of Pacquiao but of Floyd. Neither guy landed much clean imo but the gifs I have seen (posted by spoon obviously) so far favour Pacquaio.

Watching all the gifs of all the clean punches on both sides would be far more entertaining than re-watching the whole fight and would make for a superb thread.

Mayweather vs Pacquiao. Battle of the gifs....who takes it?

Gif it on!

Comment

Originally posted by GrandmasterWang View Post
          Yes! Do it, I'd love to see these gifs. Not just of Pacquiao but of Floyd. Neither guy landed much clean imo but the gifs I have seen (posted by spoon obviously) so far favour Pacquaio.

Watching all the gifs of all the clean punches on both sides would be far more entertaining than re-watching the whole fight and would make for a superb thread.

Mayweather vs Pacquiao. Battle of the gifs....who takes it?

Gif it on!
          I already killed spoon in another thread. It was so bad that he started to repost the same punches over and over again.

Daggum will never accept the challenge though. Smh

Comment

Originally posted by GrandmasterWang View Post
            I agree basically, I see 140 as his absolute cap but don't think he would be well served fighting natural 140 pounders. Lomachenko is smaller and leaner than Pacquaio and relies on speed. Pacquiao was absolutely tiny at 147. If Loma moves up too much his speed will fade and he's never been a power puncher. I could see him losing to people far below his skill level if he keeps moving up.

135 is perfect.
            Good post.

After seeing how much smaller he was at 135 against Linares, I think he's well suited for 130. Only go to 135 for big money fights. I don't believe he'd go back down, tho.

Linares looked like welterweight!

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
              Not surprising hes sticking with his guy. Davis has become a prime candidate to go to Hearn imo, people fleeing that ship. He deleted a Twitter post earlier someone asking when his contract is up, and hes "that's what I wanna know"
              ... I don't know... Tank is somehow like Broner: too heavy for "his weight class", but too small for classes above... Am I wrong?...

Comment

Why even bother with Floyd's opinion.

Before I go further, for me Pac and Floyd are the best of the last generation, with Floyd taking Pac prime for prime in my opinion.

But lets get real.

1) Floyd is an egomaniac.

2) Floyd is now a promoter.

Keeping that in mind, what do you think Floyd will say about Loma? Listening to that video I'm surprised he even said that much, although he could have went a little further than "solid fighter."

Comment

Good post.

After seeing how much smaller he was at 135 against Linares, I think he's well suited for 130. Only go to 135 for big money fights. I don't believe he'd go back down, tho.

If this was about Loma, I agree...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    ... I don't know... Tank is somehow like Broner: too heavy for "his weight class", but too small for classes above... Am I wrong?...
                    Personally, I always look at reach more so then weight, height, frame...

In my humble opinion if you have the reach to fight in the division, you can fight in the division, and Broner has enough reach.

Comment

Good post.

Only problem is, at 130 or even 135 will he really be selling PPVs?

It's clear as day that he will never fight at the magic 147, but can he really become a star at 130(5)? I personally don't think so.

Comment

Working...
                      X