No announcement yet.

HBO Doubleheader: Jaime Munguia/Ryan Garcia vs Smith Brothers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
    They do. GBP set up Ali to lose so expect to heat an announcement real soon.

Munguia joins GBP
    They couldn't even get Berchelt to sign....

Comment

Originally posted by Sicario* View Post
      Source? Can't find anything regarding him and Golden Boy.
      Barbosa Boxing on twitter said they have options on the Liam smith fight

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
        You knock one Smith brother out and another one comes out of the impact, that's how they breed.
        Mfers like Gremlins. If you KO a Smith brother after midnight another one pops out.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
          They do. GBP set up Ali to lose so expect to heat an announcement real soon.

Munguia joins GBP
          Why do people keeping saying Ali was setup? Y'all act like Ali was a bad mfer or something. He was in the wrong division & his claim to fame was beating an on fumes Cotto. Ali had a target on his back whoever he was fighting.

Although I do love the conspiracy theory-ness of all this. Cuz lets not forget Munguia was first proposed out of the f#cking blue as GGG's opponent for May. Wonder if GBP was trying to have him be a spoiler either way. Not that I think he coulda beaten GGG or anything, but that would save Canelo a lot of trouble if GGG did lose in May.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
            I'll look again. Somebody posted a quote in a different thread.
            Thanks. Basically one fight, maybe. So much for the set up theory.

Comment

Originally posted by Sicario* View Post
              Thanks. Basically one fight, maybe. So much for the set up theory.
              One fight probably. HBO would be wise to throw good money towards Zanfer for both Munguia and Berchelt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                One fight probably. HBO would be wise to throw good money towards Zanfer for both Munguia and Berchelt.
                ESPN guy saying they had a 1 fight option on Munguia, don't think things happen beyond that though, there was a thread on here that said Zanfer want to make more of an impact on the US scene, doing things on they own now, instead of going on other promoters cards

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
                  I assumed they were going to give Ryan an easy KO fight after Velez but seems like they're giving him another step-up.
                  I'm a brit, but in no way shape or form can Stephen Smith be considered a step up. He is a crock of ****e. The least talented out of the brothers which includes the p4p Hall of famer Paul Smith which gives you an idea of Stephens calibre

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
                    I don’t have a specific problem with this card but oh how the mighty have fallen HBO!!
                    don't worry about HBO this card will get better ratings than the "better" cards on showtime LOOOOOL.

Comment

Originally posted by G G G View Post
                      Mungia vs who!? And who vs who?!?!

The battle of the who's?
                      The Smiths m8, aka the worst boxing family in the history of the sport

Comment

Working...
                      X