No announcement yet.

My take on Joshua Parker.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My take on Joshua Parker.

Loyola is up 29-22 over Michigan. Just kidding.

This was a jab fest where both guys didn't take any chances. Joshua won the fight.

The difference in reach was the difference in the fight.

Joshua is just too stiff, and I say that to be real, not jokingly. We have to accept the fact that he's just a big plodding guy with true power but lacks a flair for throwing punches who holds his hands up good. But, Joshua needs a sitting target to hit. He has to take more chances. He took more chances in his last couple of fights than tonight. Tonight he played it safe behind the stick, but a bit too safe for my liking.

Parker, he was just born with short arms lmao. He couldn't reach Joshua and he didn't take enough chances to get inside, stay and fight inside either.

Joshua said what I wanted to hear and then Fast Eddie comes in and ****s up the whole scene with his ignorant, phony ass diatribe.

It's time that we stopped listening to this promoter. He's had his time in the sun, and now it's time to do business before Wilder and Joshua lose to a nobody. Whyte doesn't qualify as a nobody so he can't be used as an example of a nobody-had to put that out there lmao.

Do we need to see Wilder Whyte now? The public is demanding Wilder Joshua fight now!!!

Rag's final note:

I loved the atmosphere over there, but the crowd was quiet for most of the fight. Wilder and Joshua need each other. Yeah I talk **** about Joshua, but on fight night I keep it G as I respect all fighters. Fights like this happen. Yeah it was boring, but you win and move on.

Wilder presents a true danger to Joshua. Joshua present a true danger to Wilder. My pick is Wilder. I just see the right hand being too fast and too hard, but the one thing that Joshua does that he didn't show in this fight is he will force the fight and come inside. That could be effective against Wilder. But that's the danger.

Both are black, both seem humble disregarding their interviews talking about each other, and boxing needs this fight. The winner can crown themselves king until one of these young guys comes along to present a challenge. We need a face on the HVW champion. We need a unified and lineal champion. Make the fight ASAP!!!
    Last edited by Raggamuffin; 03-31-2018, 06:27 PM.

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
    Both are black
    Informative post. Would read again.

Comment

The Wilder vs Joshua fight ain’t going to happen anytime soon and you know why after tonight.
      Hearn can milk AJ against less dangerous competition for at least two to three fights before he has to do it.
      I don’t ex peck the fight to happen at least until late 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
        The Wilder vs Joshua fight ain’t going to happen anytime soon and you know why after tonight.
        Hearn can milk AJ against less dangerous competition for at least two to three fights before he has to do it.
        I don’t ex peck the fight to happen at least until late 2019.
        Yeah, but if that were to happen, boxing will start to not care about this fight. This fight is at its apex. It has to happen now.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
          Yeah, but if that were to happen, boxing will start to not care about this fight. This fight is at its apex. It has to happen now.
          I agree it should happen now. For the good of boxing it has to.

But we know it won’t and I’ll be pleasantly surprised if it does.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
            I agree it should happen now. For the good of boxing it has to.

But we know it won’t and I’ll be pleasantly surprised if it does.
            My gut feeling agrees with you. But we have to hold out hope.

Comment

The fight will happen either late 2018 or early 2019, but they may both have an interim fight in between. That's the best time for it to happen commercially and there will be issues with mandatories later in 2019.

The only real question is how many fights does AJ have left on his Showtime deal? Because if it's one more fight, he'll definitely fight somebody like Big Baby Miller in that fight so a new American TV deal can then be negotiated for the Wilder fight (a much bigger deal obviously)

Comment

Originally posted by TouchyAndalou View Post
                The fight will happen either late 2018 or early 2019, but they may both have an interim fight in between. That's the best time for it to happen commercially and there will be issues with mandatories later in 2019.

The only real question is how many fights does AJ have left on his Showtime deal? Because if it's one more fight, he'll definitely fight somebody like Big Baby Miller in that fight so a new American TV deal can then be negotiated for the Wilder fight (a much bigger deal obviously)
                Joshua's advisors might think that he needs a bit more schooling, and maybe want that big splash in America but Joshua made it known. He doesn't care about America-it isn't personal. You heard Hearn. He said wherever because he sees the green in America.

Joshua wants to make the UK crowd one of the Mecca's in boxing. I can respect that. But, if they lowball Wilder, or find a reason other than not making the fight I have to move from him as a boxing fan.

Comment

I will allow one more fight as a boxing fan for Wilder and Joshua. One more. This is two performances where Joshua has left himself open to criticism. But im not as critical when i keep it G. Now when i **** talk this is fodder lol. But as it stands, as a fan im allowing them 1 more fight before they fight-unless they can strike a deal now.

Comment

The ref was bugging out in this fight doe. He let Joshua call for his own handwraps to be dealt with, and he kept breaking them up thinking both were holding and hitting!

Comment

Working...
                    X