Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: Brook Definitely Is Damaged Goods; Crawford Did What He Was Supposed To Do

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's right, take nothing away from Crawford but Brook is a washed-up bum. Yea, I hear ya Erroll. Take nuttin away from Bud (cough).

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
      He's gotta fight Porter to be able to stop him. Thus far, all we've gotten from Terence are excuses as to why he SHOULDN'T have to fight Porter...

Wake me up when that fight happens.
      Shawn Porter is the WBO #1 contender. I know you understand how mandatories work. If Terence Crawford isn't Porter's next fight its because Porter did not want to fight him and most likely thinks he cant win.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
        He can talk all he want. If Porter refuses to exercise his right as the WBO mandatory and fight Crawford NEXT then we all will know he doesn't think he can beat Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          Of course that's the best, but I just don't see it happening until Bud is gone from TR!

So in the meantime, I would love Spence vs. Ennis! I think that's 60/40 Spence, only because of experience, not talent! Spence is pissed at Thurman, so he should lead by example! Give Boots a shot!

If Bud can't get Pacquiao, which I doubt (Mikey or McGregor), then Vergil Ortiz Jr. is the next best option! Vergil actually wants to fight Crawford! Name 2 other WWs who actually want that smoke? The other guys won't fight Boots or Vergil! They know what time it is!
          Its not the same at all.

When Spence called out Thurman in 2015, they both didn't have a belt. They were both essentially between the contender/prospect phase.

Thurman came out and acted like he was so above Spence even though neither were or had been world champions before.

The belts in 2015 were with Mayweather, Pac, and Brook.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
            After Crawford stops Porter, Spence will be making the same excuse.
            Truthfully porter is huge step up in competition huge. I personally give porter 45-50% chance winning. If crawford wins its going to be split decision win or controversial.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
              Shawn Porter is the WBO #1 contender. I know you understand how mandatories work. If Terence Crawford isn't Porter's next fight its because Porter did not want to fight him and most likely thinks he cant win.
              FALSE!!!!

Crawford just had a mandatory with mean machine almost 12 months ago.

The sanctioning orga give you 12 months between mandatories and a voluntary defense in between.

Crawford fought Mean Machine last december, so technically the WBO should call the mandatory next month or end of this month.

HOWEVER, there was a pandemic and a lockdown so we don't know how that affects the mandatory timeline.

Comment

Originally posted by Doubledagger View Post
                FALSE!!!!

Crawford just had a mandatory with mean machine almost 12 months ago.

The sanctioning orga give you 12 months between mandatories and a voluntary defense in between.

Crawford fought Mean Machine last december, so technically the WBO should call the mandatory next month or end of this month.

HOWEVER, there was a pandemic and a lockdown so we don't know how that affects the mandatory timeline.
                That doesn't change what I said. Terence Crawford should be PORTER's next fight.

Comment

Yeah maybe

But Brook was also damaged goods when he fought Spence, and that’s Spence’s best win unfortunately. Unless you want to count an either way fight with Porter

Comment

Originally posted by Doubledagger View Post
                    Its not the same at all.

When Spence called out Thurman in 2015, they both didn't have a belt. They were both essentially between the contender/prospect phase.

Thurman came out and acted like he was so above Spence even though neither were or had been world champions before.

The belts in 2015 were with Mayweather, Pac, and Brook.
                    Thurman beat Guerrero for a WBA title in 2015, not sure which one. He beat DSG in March 2017, and became WBC and WBA "Super" Champion. Spence didn't fight Brook until May 2017. Check the Boxrec! Anyway, if Boots gets another KO next weekend, I think Spence should give him a shot! "Do unto others..."

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      Thurman beat Guerrero for a WBA title in 2015, not sure which one. He beat DSG in March 2017, and became WBC and WBA "Super" Champion. Spence didn't fight Brook until May 2017. Check the Boxrec! Anyway, if Boots gets another KO next weekend, I think Spence should give him a shot! "Do unto others..."
                      If Thurman was the WBA champion in 2015 then Ugas and Rocky fielding were champions at super middleweight and welterweight respectively.

I can't believe I'm talking to a supposed boxing fan who doesn't even know the difference between the WBA regular belt and the actual champion, which is the WBA super champion.

You're as casual as they come.

You realise that you cannot even unify the regular belt don't you?

I repeat!

Maywesther, Pac, and Brook had the belts in 2015.

Mayweather had the WBA and WBC, which he unified with Pac's WBO in May of that year.

Brook had the IBF.

Thurman was NOT a champion.

He became elevated to champion AFTER Mayweather retired.

Didn't even win it in the ring.
                      Last edited by Doubledagger; 12-06-2020, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X