Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haney Still Wants Lomachenko: We Can Get That Fight Done!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No question Loma takes Haney. He opens himself to shots, and Loma has too quick of an eye - he could diagnose Haney in three rounds and exploit those openings all night. That said, there aint't no shame in losing to someone as good as Lomachenko, much respect to anyone willing to stand with him.

Comment

Haney did have a challenge on his hand - it was evident in the first minute or two that Santagio had some spark to him...he showed a couple of looks over the fight, even turned southpaw and looked competent. Spoiled his effort with the excessive holding that kinda ruined the fight, Haney cooperated as well needs to work on the inside game.....anyway, I think we'll see Santiago again in another fight making someone look bad.

Haney definitely has to watch where he's punching from against a taller, lankier guy like that...his last two opponents have been getting VERY close to timing him on the button with left hooks. Needs a hand up more often on that side

I'm still excited because Haney seems to want to emulate Loma in a way and get to the tough fights sooner than later. He didn't look great, but those were good rounds for him imo
      Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 11-10-2019, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Haney and Lopez can tag team and still loose to Loma

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
          Alfredo Santiago beat former WBA feather champ Jonathan Victor Barros in 2018, Santiago didn't win a single round against a injured Devin Haney! Haney nearly stopped Santiago with one good arm, this after another shut-out against the undefeated and dangerous Zaur Abdullaev less than two months ago.

I don't know what you guys want, Haney is ready and deserve his shot ; BUMCHENKO needs to stop running from Devin Haney!
          To be fair, barros won that title nearly a decade ago and is ancient for a lower weight fighter. Santiago won by wide UD against a past prime former champ though.

Haney looked very poor yesterday but if he wants to get it on with Loma I’m sure he’d (Loma) be open to it after becoming undisputed. Santiago was pretty awkward but Haney never established a rhythm, Santiago didn’t have much to offer so Haney would be lunging in for lead hooks to the body, the uppercut was there but never placed. It would be easy pickings for Loma, and if Haney improves after the fight it would only bolster Loma’s resume.

This franchise belt thing is a mess, it’s a slap in the face to both Loma and Haney.

Comment

Originally posted by Hnnnggg View Post
            To be fair, barros won that title nearly a decade ago and is ancient for a lower weight fighter. Santiago won by wide UD against a past prime former champ though.

Haney looked very poor yesterday but if he wants to get it on with Loma I’m sure he’d (Loma) be open to it after becoming undisputed. Santiago was pretty awkward but Haney never established a rhythm, Santiago didn’t have much to offer so Haney would be lunging in for lead hooks to the body, the uppercut was there but never placed. It would be easy pickings for Loma, and if Haney improves after the fight it would only bolster Loma’s resume.

This franchise belt thing is a mess, it’s a slap in the face to both Loma and Haney.
            Fair points, Jonathan Victor Barros has been fading lately but still good enough to compete at world-level vs. Lee Selby and Jonathan challenged Berchelt for the WBC featherweight title just before Alfredo Santiago.

Devin Haney did overshoot his punches, that needs to be addressed and corrected in training. I don't agree with your comment about Lomachenko becoming undisputed for reasons I already stated in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              If Lomachenko wants to unify ALL the belts like Terence Crawford was able to do then he needs to see Haney at some point.
              There's really no other way to look at it. The Lomachenko wins by default agenda is not going to cut it.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                The WBC have actually upgraded him, he is a super champ.
                He is not the WBC super champ. That's a completely different thing.The franchise belt means absolutely nothing. It can't be won or lost in the ring and there are no rules attached to it. So you can stop lying.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                  He is not the WBC super champ. That's a completely different thing.The franchise belt means absolutely nothing. It can't be won or lost in the ring and there are no rules attached to it. So you can stop lying.
                  According to this rule, a franchise champion is "a special designation and status" which the WBC may bestow to a current WBC world champion, who is also an elite boxer, and who has achieved and maintains the highest of statures in the sport. Under Rule 3.26, in its discretion, the WBC may, upon a 2/3rd vote of the Board of Governors, designate in each weight category one WBC Franchise Champion. A Franchise Champion shall enjoy special status with respect to his or her mandatory obligations, holding multiple titles and competing for titles of other organizations, as the WBC Board of Governors rules on a case-by-case basis.
                  https://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...y-or-confusion

Comment

That changes nothing that I said. The Franchise Champion does not have to abide by any rules so that is completely false. It's not a championship belt.

Comment

Devin Haney would body Lomachenko EASY. That's a fight Loma should avoid like the plague, SRS.

Comment

Working...
                      X