No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daniel Jacobs: I Feel I Gave Enough To Get The Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by umop-ap!sdn View Post
    Canelo didn't seem too keen on the idea of fighting Andrade next when the question came up in the post fight interview. Andrade is a younger faster stronger and longer fighter than the ones that gave Nelo trouble. If Lara beat Nelo and got robbed like most believe, than Andrade is a very bad matchup for him because Andrade, a southpaw, can do what Lara did but with more power behind it. Would be a good fight but also has the potential to be a boring one due to styles.
    I don't hink that Andrade hits harder than Jacobs, nor I do think that Andrade is stronger and more athetic than Jacobs.

If u ask me on year ago I would predict a nightmare for Canelo, right now I'd put a lot of money on Canelo if the fight was to happen.

Canelo beats Andrade in a close fight. And agreed, the fight would be slow and paces as hell.

Comment

I scored it 7-5 jacobs

But jacobs knew all close rounds would go to canelo.

The rounds he won in the latter part of the fight may have been clearer but fights are scored rbr. And a winning close round gives you same score as winning clear round.

Canelo has a huge advantage. He is able to regulate his stamina because he knows he does not have to push the pace to clearly win rounds.

And he still got tired. He looked different to the ggg fights imo. He had better stamina in those fights. And now he is enrolled in vada testing

I give andrade and saunders a good chance to beat him , particularly uofficially

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
        Jacobs, in the post-fight interview, was asked what he had said to his son when the scorecards were being read out:
        "Well, I asked him, 'Do you think Daddy did a good job?' And he said, 'Yes Dad, you did a great job, you won the fight.' So, if I'm a winner in his heart, that's all that matters to me. I'm a-go home and be the best that I can be."

Pulling on the heart-strings, oh-aren't-I-a-good-guy, it made me sick. Jacobs didn't do nearly enough. And his trainer, goddamn I will never understand how a corner doesn't give their a guy a kick up the ass when they are so clearly losing. Jacobs is a "nice guy" alright, ignoring the rehydration clause THAT HE AGREED TO, then post-fight saying, re:the rehydration fine, 'I got the short end of the stick but that's what boxing is all about, I make the sacrifice'... Cry me a river. OK so he survived, what does he want, a pat on the head? He bitched out in a weight-class that he should've outgrown already, fought like a loser, then closed the show with whiny-ass statements. His 10-year old son thought he won, but everyone else saw him bottle it. He never tested Canelo at all, he should recognise his place.
        Well said! Although I don't live far from Jacobs in the same borough, I've always found it hard to root for him, precisely due to his overwhelming "nice guy" role. Its as though he feels he deserves his two wins (which were actually losses) simply because he assumes everything he exhibits in & out the ring is "classy" & "enough." Thats delusional.

Theres nothing at all wrong with being classy & nice, but he like everybody else falls short, this is boxing not etiguette school, so he shouldve focused on using his unfair weight advantage on a better strategic plan that wasn't too nice. All the Little House on The Prairie dialogue with his son was more vomit worthy at that particular time, because he didn't represent mostly "where" he needed to....

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
          I scored it 7-5 jacobs

But jacobs knew all close rounds would go to canelo.

The rounds he won in the latter part of the fight may have been clearer but fights are scored rbr. And a winning close round gives you same score as winning clear round.

Canelo has a huge advantage. He is able to regulate his stamina because he knows he does not have to push the pace to clearly win rounds.

And he still got tired. He looked different to the ggg fights imo. He had better stamina in those fights. And now he is enrolled in vada testing

I give andrade and saunders a good chance to beat him , particularly uofficially
          Haha

Compubox

Canelo
          Total shots
          188 of 466 (40%)

Jabs
          68 of 202 (34%)

Power shots
          120 of 264 (46%)

Jacobs
          Total shots
          131 of 649 (20%)

Jabs
          42 of 290 (15%)

Power shots
          89 of 359 (25%)

Comment

Imo, The "fight" to watch will be Canelo vs Saunders.... Make it happen!! Jermall can possibly throw a wrench in there...

Comment

Check Your Facts, Please

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
              Jacobs has been beat by 3 white men. Pirog, GGG, Canelo. You can tell with his delusion its starting to bother him.
              Canelo’s not white, he’s Latin American.

Comment

Doing just enough to win a decision in Vegas against Canelo is not going to get it done. Especially when you get outworked by Canelo. 8-4 Canelo.

Comment

Very close fight but I thought Jacob's might have done just enough to edge it

Comment

Originally posted by Legends456 View Post
                    Canelo’s not white, he’s Latin American.
                    Jacobs is not black he is north american. Wait....

Comment

Did Jacobs say the same thing when pirog knocked him out? He seems to be dilusional after fights

Comment

Working...
                      X