Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hunter is Hoping That Khan Has Fully Moved Past Canelo KO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hunter is Hoping That Khan Has Fully Moved Past Canelo KO

AMIR KHAN's brutal knockout defeat at the hands of Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez could have an affect on his career, fears his trainer Virgil Hunter. Khan is 48 hours away from a pivotal showdown with WBO welterweight champion Terence Crawford at Madison Square Garden, New York. The Bolton man will cause one of the greatest upsets in recent memory if he manages to dethrone Crawford, who stakes a serious claim to being boxing's pound-for-pound king right now.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He has. Crawford is not a big a puncher as everyone is making him out to be. Amir Khan will become new WBO Welterweight Champion of the World.

Comment

Originally posted by KingKrypton View Post
      He has. Crawford is not a big a puncher as everyone is making him out to be. Amir Khan will become new WBO Welterweight Champion of the World.
      Crawford is a better counterpuncher than Canelo and is more fluid...he can switch orthodox and southpaw. And while Khan had some success jabbing early against Canelo I dont see him having as much success against Crawford who is more defensively responsible and evasive.

I expect Crawford to land something significant around round 4 - possibly scoring a KD - and a stoppage within 7. Its possible theres just a decision win though as Khan is a full blown WW...very motivated and basically has nothing to lose...expect some KDs along the way though

Comment

Originally posted by KingKrypton View Post
        yeah, because it takes a big puncher to hurt khan right? Dude was getting rattled by the power of Chris algieri.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
          Crawford is a better counterpuncher than Canelo and is more fluid...he can switch orthodox and southpaw. And while Khan had some success jabbing early against Canelo I dont see him having as much success against Crawford who is more defensively responsible and evasive.

I expect Crawford to land something significant around round 4 - possibly scoring a KD - and a stoppage within 7. Its possible theres just a decision win though as Khan is a full blown WW...very motivated and basically has nothing to lose...expect some KDs along the way though
          You really think Bud is a better counter puncher than Canelo???

Comment

This is an absolute farce, a complete mismatch.These people will end up getting this idiot killed.If there was ever a time in boxing for someone to be saved from himself , it's now.

I might sound bitter and I probably am as there's many more deserving fighters out there but as I keep saying .Come back see me Sunday, this is a dangerous mismatch and Khan has every chance of being badly injured.He is quite simply a lamb to the slaughter and I am not impressed with the people around him who are seemly as delusional as him allowing this farce to take place.

One last dollar , that's what this promotion should be called!

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
              yeah, because it takes a big puncher to hurt khan right? Dude was getting rattled by the power of Chris algieri.
              I think Khan's defence is more of a problem than his punch resistance. He wasn't troubled by anything Canelo threw before the big KO punch. Let's face it - that punch would have knocked *Anyone* out. The problem was that he let himself get hit by that punch.

Also Khan put Maidana down and Maidana couldn't put him down.

Khan's main problem is lack of decent opposition recently. He is no way ready for Crawford. This is why Crawford chose him. Big name, easy fight. Same reason Wilder chose Tyson Fury...
              Last edited by Roberto Vasquez; 04-18-2019, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
                I think Khan's defence is more of a problem than his punch resistance. He wasn't troubled by anything Canelo threw before the big KO punch. Let's face it - that punch would have knocked *Anyone* out. The problem was that he let himself get hit by that punch.

Also Khan put Maidana down and Maidana couldn't put him down.

Khan's main problem is lack of decent opposition recently. He is no way ready for Crawford. This is why Crawford chose him. Big name, easy fight. Same reason Wilder chose Tyson Fury...
                I do agree with much of what you said but I do think khan has poor resistance. I also don't think that punch would've ko'd anyone. He landed that same type of punch on Cotto (feint with a low jab and over hand right) and Cotto took it. Ggg took several clean shots too.

Comment

For Khan's sake I hope the fight is competitive and that he makes the full 12 rounds

Comment

I remember texting with my brother as we were both watching the fight. He had just sent a message saying Khan was looking good and could win this.
                    I replied that yes he is but it’s just a matter of time before he gets laid out.
                    A few minutes later Canelo was kneeling next to Amir making sure he didn’t Ivan Drago his ass.

Comment

Working...
                    X