Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bradley: Garcia Looked Foolish Against Spence, Could Be Done

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
    Itīs a bit more complicated than that. Spence had the edge in skill yes, but also speed, reach, work rate, game plan.. weight was almost irrelevant. Spence was better than I expected - and Mikey looked like crap. He has a great chin tho.
    But Mikey was a "better boxer and he was faster, doe."

Yeah? It didn't seem to be a problem when Mikey gave up 5 inches in height and 10 inches in reach to Easter.

STOP WITH THE EXCUSES.

Comment

Originally posted by PanchoGomez View Post
      Only thing mikey won was the fist pump battle lmao
      Yeah, I was wondering what the hell he was doing. After every round he pumped his fist in the air. It was like he was saying "he won the round, but he didn't me knocked me out"!

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
        Mikeys footwork wasnt good enough when Spence stepped back and re-established spacing, i made a thread on this but nobody cared. Spence's footwork won him the fight IMO
        Mikey's footwork was never that good. He kinda likes to plod but he was good at closing distance by getting his opponents out of position and stepping around. See the Zlatičanin KO.

Spence was prepared for all that plus like you said his footwork was good also. The key thing I saw was that jab. Spence kept pumping the jab. Mikey couldn't close the distance fast enough to get around it because Spence stepped back each time. If he did connect with something Spence would fire back with something to make him think. Once Spence established HIS tempo he started mixing it up to the body. Mikey's rhythm was totally disrupted and Spence dominated from then.

I didn't expect it to be this dominant but once I saw what was happening it made sense. It wasn't just about the size or Mikey not being good. Spence was just more prepared and executed well.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
          "Weight divisions" my ass.

Mikey Garcia's complete lack of skill is what lost him that fight. You got eyes, pal?
          How many division champ again?!?!

I guess it ONLY took a Spence beat down for the "complete lack of skill" to be evident!!

What happened to that "superior" ring IQ.

Monday morning quarterbacking at its best!!

Comment

Originally posted by slimPickings View Post

I guess it ONLY took a Spence beat down for the "complete lack of skill" to be evident!!

WHO Mikey beat prior to this?????

Comment

Mikey Garcia’s competition on his quest to becoming a four division champion:

- Orlando Salido, already had 11 losses. Most recently from Yuriorkis Gamboa(Crawford beat Gamboa)

- Roman Martínez, already lost to Ricky Burns(Crawford beat Burns). Got KO’d (and retired) by Lomachenko four fights later

- Dejan Zlatican, won a vacant belt and had no title defenses. Got KO’d by Roberto Ramirez two fights later

- Sergey Lipinets, won a vacant belt and had no title defenses. Got outboxed by Erick Bone his next fight but got saved by the judges

- Robert Easter Jr, who was outboxed by Javier Fortuna earlier in the year but got saved by the judges. He also arguably lost against Richard Commey as well.

Comment

Look at my posting history, moron.

Comment

I mean hindsight is 20/20. Bradley was saying he sees the same thing that Mikey sees and that this will be a competitive fight until Spence just walks him down late in the fight.

Mikey just miscalculated how well Spence is at managing distance and how difficult it was going to be to overcome that jab. Spence's jab is no joke man. I also think he was surprised at Spence's footwork and he was actually the one who was able to turn Mikey in spots and how he was able to get in and out of distance before Mikey was able to fire back.

Comment

He's def done at ww.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      yes he did look foolish. look at his body. pizza eating fool
                      You are calling him a fool yet you still have a picture of him and Loma with those stupid photoshopped glasses on. Continue though.

Comment

Working...
                      X