Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beibut Shumenov is currently self trained...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jas View Post
    Yea I have..........he can't fight inside. He is an outside fighter.
    I wouldn't call him an outside fighter. He likes to have a little bit of space but he comes forward and applies pressure.

Comment

Paulie is fighting on the same card........I doubt he commentates
      lol, yeah that could prove to be a problem. Then let it be Renaldo whatever his last name is...."That was a scene so nefarious in nature that only an individual with such a edificial grasp on esoteric psychological principles could make sense of it."

Comment

If Paulie commentated his own match while fighting and Shumenov gave himself advice while in his own corner, I think that'd be the greatest card ever. Might even be worth PPV prices.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
          I wouldn't call him an outside fighter. He likes to have a little bit of space but he comes forward and applies pressure.
          Look at his height and reach. He doesn't punch in the clinch. Very few really tall fighters with long arms are able to fight inside and get leverage on their punches, Riddick Bowe being an exception.

Here's his last fight but I'm not jus going by this fight alone:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=633290

Comment

Look at his height and reach. He doesn't punch in the clinch. Very few really tall fighters with long arms are able to fight inside and get leverage on their punches, Riddick Bowe being an exception.
            True, still wouldn't label him an outside fighter though. Regardless that's why he needs to fire himself!

Comment

In between rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                I think his brother or family member, I can't recall. Shumenov is an interesting guy though for sure. I think he's a lawyer, was his own promoter for most of his career (which explains lack of good fights/exposure), apparently is his own trainer lol, he's rich as hell, etc.
                His brother is Mayor or deputy Mayor.

But yeh interesting person for sure and in a good way minus the inactivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Why pay a trainer when you're there to lose anyway

Comment

Why on earth doesn't Abel Sanchez grab Shumenov and train him? Grab these Kazak fighters while they're hot and relevant!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostBlade View Post
                      Why on earth doesn't Abel Sanchez grab Shumenov and train him? Grab these Kazak fighters while they're hot and relevant!
                      He tried training cloud to beat bhop....didn't quite happen haha

Comment

Working...
                      X