Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Canelo beats Trout, Floyd HAS to fight him, right?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Money Team. View Post
    In reality Floyd aint gotta do jack****...his legacy is set..they need Floyd not the other way around dont get it twisted
    you're right about that but the problem is his legacy is cherry picking and ducking fights. That's what the majority think of him. You're in the bubble though cuz you love him soooooo much.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
      why? he did fight cotto where he (cotto) was comfortable. doing so he might have realized he himself (floyd) however is not comfortable at 154 and made a wise move not to return.

floyd has very few fights were he looked bad, but both times he boxed at 154 he did just that. he cant carry the weight and is significantly slower. he waited several years before going back to the weight a second time, perhaps he thought he could adapt better after a few more years at WW, clearly thats not the case.

not going there again would be a smart move regardless of who is in the opposite corner. ppl talk as if the only reason he wouldnt fight at 154 again is that canelo is too good, but we already know floyd isnt nearly as good at the weight. common sense tells you the first thing a fighter thinks about is his own ability to perform.

of course the anti floyd trolls will always say it comes down to fear of someone else. take a break=fear, want better PED tests=fear, cant carry the weight=fear. no matter who he fights hes duckign someone else.

remember how guerrero was a terrible fight until he mentioned alexander, then all of a sudden the ghost was a beast who would have destroyed floyd and he knew it. once he goes back to guerrero, guerrero goes back to being an easy fight. i swear to god the day he retires for good ppl will say hes doing it to duck someone, doesnt matter if hes in his 40's.
      No, guerrero was a poor fight then and its a poor fight now, total mismatch and a rip off. Alexander as a floyd opponent on ppv is just fall off your chair funny.

Comment

Kell Brook?

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        I'd say he's more fearful of Trout than Canelo.

But honestly, you never know who he'll fight. Kell Brook might be his next opponent if he beats Alexander.
        Brook? I would think he would fight Khan over Brook (for business reasons) but if he wants another WW belt then I could see this happening...

I agree that he would rather face Canelo than Trout, too...

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
          Can anyone make a case for Floyd taking another fight over Canelo if he beats Trout?
          If Canelo beats Trout, I think there is a very good chance that he will be Floyd's next opponent after he takes care of Guerrerro. I say very good chance because I think there is a possibility that Alvarez may price himself out of the fight. Alvarez has a huge ego, even though he has done nothing in terms of PPV sales. If he tries to demand 50 percent of the revenue or anything above what he rightfully deserves, the fight will not take place. If Alvarez was as great of an attraction as he thinks he is, the Trout fight would be on PPV instead of Showtime. It is not because Schafer knows that Alvarez can draw a good crowd to an arena with cheap ticket sales, but he is not a PPV attraction, in spite of what the delusional Floyd-haters on this site think.

Also, on another note, there is no way Alvarez will be fighting on PPV in September unless he is fighting Floyd Mayweather. Mayweather already has the September date reserved and will not give it up to Alvarez. If he does end up fighting on PPV in a different month against an opponent other than Mayweather, it will definitely be against Cotto or Martinez. There is no way in hell GBP would be stupid enough to put Alvarez in a PPV fight against Alfredo Angulo because they know the fight would bomb because Alvarez is not PPV material yet. A Cotto/Alvarez fight would sell maybe 350,000 if Alvarez beats Trout legitimately. A Martinez/Alvarez fight would sell no more than 250,000. In spite of what Alvarez thinks, he is not on Mayweather's level in terms of boxing talent nor popularity in terms of PPV sales

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
            you're right about that but the problem is his legacy is cherry picking and ducking fights. That's what the majority think of him. You're in the bubble though cuz you love him soooooo much.
            Floyd is the biggest selling PPV-boxer in history. He would not sell as many PPVs as he has if the majority, as you put it thought he was a cherry picker. Fighting the best available fighters is not cherry picking (and in spite of what you or anyone else wants to believe, Pacquaio has not been available over the last three years because of Bob Arum). Fighting the same guy five times when there are other quality opponents available is cherrypicking.

Comment

NO!

He should fight the WINNER of Trout vs Canelo PERIOD...even if it is TROUT which I think is a strong possiblity it might be he should fight Trout in September

I don't want to see no damy Mayweather vs Canelo if the dude needs Robbery to get past Trout, he is has to beat Trout CLEAN without any controversy, if that happens then yes absolutely in September it should be Mayweather vs Canelo

It is funny how much time boxing fans spend on accusing someone of Cherry Picking and they are so quick to label any and every fighter a Cherry Picker

Comment

Working...
              X