Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Angel Garcia: Amir Khan Looked Like The Same Guy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will be like salido vs Juan MA.Garcia will beat him again by ko but later like in 7 rounds

Comment

I dont think in a rematch Khan will get hit by the looping hook, i truly believe Virgil and Khan will train for that punch every day, he will eat and sleep defending and avoiding that hook. I'm sure Virgil saw over the weekend how easily Khan is hit by the hook, everyone saw, so i believe something will be done about it.

Comment

If Molina had a little more power Khan would've been in trouble. I saw a small change in movement early on & the jab, but he started getting caught pretty good. He even admitted that he was getting tagged with some good shots in the post fight interview. I also agree with the poster in here talking about his compromise of speed to power. If he would sit down on one or two punches in those fast combos it might bring him success. I'm doubtful he beats Danny in a rematch, but anything can happen. He's certainly not ready for a rematch as his next fight though.

Comment

Khan still need some more work, I agree with Angel too especially when Khan gets hit then the new Khan would be out of the window to be replaced with the old Khan, I haven't personally seen anything to make me thing Khan would win a rematch for now, Even if I was Garcia I would take a rematch now.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
            I dont think in a rematch Khan will get hit by the looping hook, i truly believe Virgil and Khan will train for that punch every day, he will eat and sleep defending and avoiding that hook. I'm sure Virgil saw over the weekend how easily Khan is hit by the hook, everyone saw, so i believe something will be done about it.
            I'd hope so but there's only so much you can rely on with training, because once your in that ring **** changes lol

Comment

Khan -Garcia II at the end of next year.

Comment

Khan did look relatively the same but I did see some improvements. This was also his first fight with a new trainer so I think as he fights more he will show more improvements if they are truly to stay. Personally I think he can beat Garcia in a rematch. Yes Khan got clipped but he was schooling Garcia in the fight until then. Also watch the fight again and you will see Danny threw that shot with his head down and eyes closed, that was a lottery ticket lol. If Khan keeps distance and then after he engages, keeps his right hand up by his face as he moves out, he can beat Danny. Also Danny was getting beaten up, if he had not stopped Khan, he was on his way to being stopped 100%. Probably by the 7-8th round at the latest. Skillwise, Khan runs circles around Garcia but his chin has to hold up I suppose lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                  I think Khan has two main problems. Number 1 his defense is horrible. number 2 he compromises too much of his power to speed. If he were to sit down on his punches a little bit more he could probably get people out of there but he would have to seriously tighten up his defense.

Amir's movement looked different to me. He didn't bounce as much, but he was still moving around a lot.
                  Khan did floor Maidana with a body shot and has done the same to Peterson/various other boxers.

I don't think power is that much of a concern as compared to his defence.

Comment

Khan looks the same, didn't see anything special or changes under his new trainer.

Comment

He's only had one training camp.

Maybe he will never learn, but I'm going to give him 2-3 camps before making that call.

The same haters saying he can't improve said he'd never win a title after the Prescott fight and that maidana would ko him with a jab. They have already been proven wrong many times so I don't put much stock in their oopinions

Comment

Working...
                      X