No announcement yet.

Nonito is the most overrated fighter in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nonito is the most overrated fighter in boxing

listen he's a good fighter and a great counter puncher but htat's where it ends. he's extremely limited and one dimensional. he waits, waits, waits on a counter punch and has no activity. he looks to land one punch. he has a weak jab and very bad defense.

i remeber watching the vazauez jr fight and thinkign to myself how hte hell is this guy p4p? he got hit by BASIC jabs and rights.

If the Rigo fight goes down you will see this guy be exposed and hurt. Rigo has more power in both ahnds than donaire.

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
    listen he's a good fighter and a great counter puncher but htat's where it ends. he's extremely limited and one dimensional. he waits, waits, waits on a counter punch and has no activity. he looks to land one punch. he has a weak jab and very bad defense.

i remeber watching the vazauez jr fight and thinkign to myself how hte hell is this guy p4p? he got hit by BASIC jabs and rights.

If the Rigo fight goes down you will see this guy be exposed and hurt. Rigo has more power in both ahnds than donaire.

Comment

I don't think donaire is over rated. I just think that he was much larger than Narvez and Nishioka and Arce were way too old to be in with him this year because he is fighting at a very high level.

If he can beat rigo and mares in 2013, he can move into the #3 p4p spot and make a real case for #1.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. SMILEY View Post

manny shoulda had his hands up against JMM like the kid in your pic!

Comment

Donaire is more powerful than Rigo, has great timing, and has a good chin. Rigo may be better fundamentally, maybe slightly faster but we know now that he's susceptible to the left hook, Donaire's best punch. At this point I think it's a 50/50 fight.

As for Donaire being overrated I don't think he is. Some of the people he's faced have gone to become champions and have success after their loss.

Comment

You musta never heard of ginger then?!

Comment

Rigo is Nonito's nightmare stylistically. If it wasn't for Rigo's suspect chin I would favor him. You're gonna need to be able to take a shot to beat Donaire.

Comment

overrated when people put him at #3 or #4 in boxing considering he is huge and should be fighting at lightweight by now but still he is in lower half of Top10

Comment

He's great man but he's not top 10. Not only did WV jr had success with the jab but so did Mathebula. He was having crazy success with it too. I think a technically sound boxer that fights behind the jab makes him look a lot less dangerous than actually he is.

He still has crazy power it's going to be interesting at 126 where guys can take a better punch than those little guys he KOd bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                    Donaire is more powerful than Rigo, has great timing, and has a good chin. Rigo may be better fundamentally, maybe slightly faster but we know now that he's susceptible to the left hook, Donaire's best punch. At this point I think it's a 50/50 fight.

As for Donaire being overrated I don't think he is. Some of the people he's faced have gone to become champions and have success after their loss.
                    Rigo has great power and power in both hands. he hrut his opponents to the body and head. his right hand is a laser

Comment

Working...
                    X