Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting "Iceman Diary" Flashback, I think...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea weight loss was not easy by any stretch for him...not an excuse, per se, just affirming what was clear to see thats all.

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
      Yea weight loss was not easy by any stretch for him...not an excuse, per se, just affirming what was clear to see thats all.
      Thanks for clarifying that, Larry is the resident troll around these parts.

Comment

Great read. Great writing Iceman.

Comment

@ The Author.

You are the same guy that called the Lewis-Mercer fight right? John Scully. I listened to your commentating for that fight a few days ago. Great call on the 7-3 score card and how you thought Lennox clearly won a very tough/contested fight.

I also had it 7-3 and never really got how some people had the fight a 'draw' or even Mercer winning. It was a very tough fight, but Mercer really only won 3 of the rounds.Good scorecard by you.

Comment

After the Ruiz fight RJJ said he would retire unless he could fight Tyson for 50 million...and I basically thought that in his heart and mind he was retired... and with that his commitment to being the very best he could be was gone. By the time he decided he was not retired he was no longer the same old RJJ and never would be again. I think he thought he had enough skills to hang on the ropes doing the the rope a dope and wait for opponents to gas...but that plan didn't work very well against Tarver and Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfGirl View Post
              @ The Author.

You are the same guy that called the Lewis-Mercer fight right? John Scully. I listened to your commentating for that fight a few days ago. Great call on the 7-3 score card and how you thought Lennox clearly won a very tough/contested fight.

I also had it 7-3 and never really got how some people had the fight a 'draw' or even Mercer winning. It was a very tough fight, but Mercer really only won 3 of the rounds.Good scorecard by you.

Yeah, many many people had Ray winning but I didnt see it that way...TOUGH fight yes but Lennox doesnt get the credit he deserves for what he did that night... IMO...

Comment

Excellent read. However, I disagree with your assertion that a prime Roy could easily overcome a prime Glen Johnson. I think prime for prime the fight would have nearly been a toss up, with Roy being the slight favorite. We can't forget that Glen beat a prime Tarver just 7 months after Tarver knocked out Roy.

Hope you drop more of these diary entries, brilliant stuff.

Comment

excellent read. thanks ice

Comment

proper read!!! ....thx Ice!!

Comment

Thanks for the responses, I figured u guys would like that one...I found it almost by mistake the other day when I was looking some stuff up in my files...Ill check and see what other similar ones are in there.

Also, Glen is a REAL guy, etc etc,...a bad dude...but I just feel that on his BEST day, when RJ WAS RJ, I dont think Glen stays with him competitively...he'd work hard, make it good but RJ knew how to step up back then, he had the ability to do so. Glen in their fight wasnt getting ripped with shots that'd make him hesitant but if RJ was right that would have been the case...IMO of course...

Comment

Working...
                      X