No announcement yet.

Chess Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chess Boxing

I've always enjoyed boxing because it's a thinking man's game. Not only does it require physical might, but also a high level of intellegence. Anyone can get out there and club someone to death. But in order to move with grace, style and finess it takes a lot.

Figuring out your opponent is the best part of the game. Tendencies and habbits are something i look out for. Almost like in poker when you can detect another player's tell.

Nowadays, i'm starting to use my brain a little bit more. I'd rather practice the science than slugging it out like a clod or an oger.

I dig the way Wu-tang describes boxing. It's a thinking man's fight.

Originally posted by Squabbles94806 View Post
    I've always enjoyed boxing because it's a thinking man's game. Not only does it require physical might, but also a high level of intellegence. Anyone can get out there and club someone to death. But in order to move with grace, style and finess it takes a lot.

Figuring out your opponent is the best part of the game. Tendencies and habbits are something i look out for. Almost like in poker when you can detect another player's tell.

Nowadays, i'm starting to use my brain a little bit more. I'd rather practice the science than slugging it out like a clod or an oger.

I dig the way Wu-tang describes boxing. It's a thinking man's fight.
    Agreed, thats one of the things i like the most about boxing. When i spar i always look for the things i can take advantage of, openings, lazy punches, ect.

My only problem with that is that sometimes when i land a good punch or flurry i stop and look at my work.

Comment

Even if your the smartest person alive at boxing, if you haven't got the fitness, speed power or chin then you'll never make it to far in boxing... Look at Margarito, hes a "slugger" as you said, just trying to knock out opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Oriachim View Post
        Even if your the smartest person alive at boxing, if you haven't got the fitness, speed power or chin then you'll never make it to far in boxing... Look at Margarito, hes a "slugger" as you said, just trying to knock out opponents.
        Oh yeah, that's fer sho.

In order to be a good fighter i believe you need 3 things: Intelligence, Endurance, and Heart.

Harness those three factors and you'll be aiite.

Comment

Working...
        X