Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermell Charlo, Gary Russell Mandatory Double Eyed For March 11

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
    Russell only fights once a year, so I'm not going to down his competition, but Russell isn't doing himself any favors. One of these years a bum is going to get the best of him.
    if he only fights once a year shouldnt he fight someone good?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      If he only fights once a year, shouldn't he be stripped? I'm a big fan of GRJ, but how does the WBC let a guy keep a belt, who only fights once a year?

Comment

I thought Jermell and Hatley were already scheduled to fight on the Adrian Broner Showtime card in February.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
          Sounds like raelly bad matchups. Someone lost twice to guys we've never heard of and he's going to compete with GRJ? GRJ should fight JoJo Diaz or Oscar Valdez already.

Never heard of Hatley either.
          Josh Warrington/Joseph Diaz was order for the rights to fight Rusell after this..

Valdez is free to fight, and you can skip mandatory for unification

Comment

Originally posted by K.O. Johnson View Post
            I thought Jermell and Hatley were already scheduled to fight on the Adrian Broner Showtime card in February.
            yeah I thought the same. I thought Lamont Peterson was supposed to be on the card as well. Feb 18th in Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by MJ406 View Post
              yeah I thought the same. I thought Lamont Peterson was supposed to be on the card as well. Feb 18th in Ohio
              It was rumoured bu never schedule. Only Marcus Browne-Thomas Williams is scheduled for Broner.

Peterson probably goes to the Wilder card or maybe a card with Porter-Berto.

Comment

How can these people able to maintain their titles fighting only once a year? At first I was harping on fighters and promoters. Now I'm realizing there must be some kind of collusion between promoters and sanctioning bodies the fact that they allow it to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
                  How can these people able to maintain their titles fighting only once a year? At first I was harping on fighters and promoters. Now I'm realizing there must be some kind of collusion between promoters and sanctioning bodies the fact that they allow it to happen.
                  As long as these fighters have something scheduled thatt should be suffice.
                  The sanctioning bodies know if a fighter has something in the can or not. Russell Jr was scheduled to fight since late last year but for whatever reason just kept getting pushed back.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    If he only fights once a year, shouldn't he be stripped? I'm a big fan of GRJ, but how does the WBC let a guy keep a belt, who only fights once a year?
                    All of that^ I just made one point. He's putting on a coat of rust that doesn't match his belt.

Comment

So they are taking this off the Broner card?

Comment

Working...
                      X