Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should i start going to a gym?(bag video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post

When you throw a punch and don't move, it means you aren't using your feet. Apart from, if I can see your knees, I can tell what you're doing with your feet. That being nothing. You didn't step with a punch once. Threw wildly, then went for a little walk.

Doing the ol' faux footwork routine of throwing some punches, then moving about randomly for a bit is not good footwork. It means nothing and has no use.

I was actually trying to be helpful. It's the foundation for good boxing. Without good footwork, you lack a good base to work off. It's a classic mistake of beginners, and I don't mean that offensively. In that video you were a beginner, according to your own post. I'd still suggest going back to the big ending and starting back over with your footwork, then building your offense from that strong base.

Anyway, I was civil in my initial post, but since you're a ****, **** off.
    I watched a video of foreman on the bag, and was trying to punch like him. That must be it.

maybe I shouldn't try to emulate such s***ty punchers.

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
    I'd suggest just working on a jab, and learning to step in and out with it. Ie. when you jab, you step in with your front foot, rather than not moving your feet at all.
    what are you a fu*king reta*d? should I move or not move?

clearly im stepping with the jab, if you cant see that much, you need to wipe the semen out of your eyes.

have you even watched the video or do you just gag on your bf's c**k for 3 mins then come in here to post?

im not going to argue with some re*ard that cant even tell when some one is stepping with the jab, just with that alone you've clearly shown you have no boxing knowledge. that is to say, don't expect much more than insults from me if you want to post in my threads.

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
    Your jabs are lazy and you continue to admire your work every time you throw a combination.

You're the only dude on here who can't take critisism. To answer the initial question yeah you should start going to the gym.
    Get yourself a 40 lb heavy bag, take a lot of the stuffing out of it, fill it with 60 or so pounds of sand so its about 95 lbs and dense like a sack of concrete. Make your bag move with jabs like mine moves. the first video, that's a 40 lb bag, maybe less. the most recent video, that's a 95 pound bag of sand.
    Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 07-07-2014, 11:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
      what are you a fu*king reta*d? should I move or not move?

clearly im stepping with the jab, if you cant see that much, you need to wipe the semen out of your eyes.

have you even watched the video or do you just gag on your bf's c**k for 3 mins then come in here to post?

im not going to argue with some re*ard that cant even tell when some one is stepping with the jab, just with that alone you've clearly shown you have no boxing knowledge. that is to say, don't expect much more than insults from me if you want to post in my threads.

Take a deep breath mate.

I didn't tell you to not move. Where you got that from, I don't know. I said learn to step in with your jab first, and then your other punches too. Learn to use your feet in combination with your hands. The foundation. Good footwork underneath your basic punches. That starts with learning to jab straight and use your feet together with that jab. Get it?

It's all well and good trying to emulate someone with a lifetime of experience in boxing, but when you don't know the basics, then you often emulate bad habits. It's good to copy someone, but you need to do in combination with textbook technique. They've learnt this stuff, then have developed their own style out of the foundation.

Anyway, if you think you were stepping in with your punches properly, then I'll leave you to it. Keep it up.

Btw, don't forget to also bring your back foot with you when you throw the right hand. Knees bent.

Comment

Get yourself a 40 lb heavy bag, take a lot of the stuffing out of it, fill it with 60 or so pounds of sand so its about 95 lbs and dense like a sack of concrete. Make your bag move with jabs like mine moves. the first video, that's a 40 lb bag, maybe less. the most recent video, that's a 95 pound bag of sand.
        I'm not talking about you moving the bag at all.

I said your jab is lazy and you habitually stand there and admire your work after a combination ends with a left hook which looks like it's 90% of the time. You never pivot and sometimes you don't mover around the bag, you move straight back. Hopefully you can go back to the gym so you can keep improving.

Comment

Does any one actually read threads any more?
          That video is over 3 years old; got anything more recent. How about making a new one, so we can all critique and tell you how ****ty your technique is?

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            That video is over 3 years old; got anything more recent. How about making a new one, so we can all critique and tell you how ****ty your technique is?
            Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
            Not really, been dealing with some health issues, starting to get back into things a little.

I havnt done anything in 3 years

i was at 185 in the video, im at 230 now, by getting back into things, my main concern is losing weight not practicing. i really dont see a point in posting a video when im worse than i was.

Like i recorded 40 seconds of foot work after a 3 mile run the other day and i make atleast 10 mistakes in just that 40 seconds. i really need to get back in shape and get back to where i was in skill before i feel posting a video would be useful to me.
            Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 07-15-2014, 09:39 AM.

Comment

I havnt done anything in 3 years

i was at 185 in the video, im at 230 now, by getting back into things, my main concern is losing weight not practicing. i really dont see a point in posting a video when im worse than i was.

Like i recorded 40 seconds of foot work after a 3 mile run the other day and i make atleast 10 mistakes in just that 40 seconds. i really need to get back in shape and get back to where i was in skill before i feel posting a video would be useful to me.
              Fat yank....

Are you at least still doing the mustache thing?

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                Fat yank....

Are you at least still doing the mustache thing?
                been growing a beard since nov 2011

Comment

I'm 25 I work out and what not but i'm a garage boxer well its more of a pole barn i think i might get pretty good if i devote an hour 3 times a week to an actual boxing gym but the nearest one is 45min to 1 hour away so the 1 hour turns into 3 hours im gonna keep working out and ive only been on the boxing tip for like 2 months i have a few other things going for me im just gonna stick to sparring my friends if your opinion is that im going to be 30 before i get any where or i could start going to the gym next week if you think i might go pro with in a year or 2. The bag might be 50 or 60 pounds im not sure i got it from a friend but im 6'4" in comparison

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoKPeJd8Xe0
                  hit up a gym bro...you are throwing arm punches with no head movement

Comment

• no offense but that was horrible.

arm punches,

you need to hold your ground more and work on your punching technique.

footwork as well.

you need repetition.

repetition is what will fix horrible technique. straighten out and tighten your shots...

shadow box first. then use weights when you shadow box.

Comment

• Honestly, I wouldn't put all that time to go to the gym 3 times a week. Get a bigger bag, more equipment and just have fun with the sport.

Comment

Working...
                      X