No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Marquez V: Arum Stakes Rep on Making It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
    It is obvious that those who don't want this fight are the quarter-wits who wallow in their preference for Mayweather over Pacquiao. This made them violently anti-Pacquiao. Following on this, they are not strong enough mentally to isolate their anti-Pacquaio-ism, and it spills over to everything to do with Pacquiao, no matter whom he fights.

Since Pacquiao was beginning to beat up a fading Marquez badly, and, had the KO not happened, would have been ahead by at least 3 points and going strongly, so these cretins have just enough sense to be afraid that if and when the fight does occur, Pacquiao might continue his trend and just batter Marquez.

Sooo..... they are "against" the fight. They care nothing for Marquez himself, or else they'd be happy that he will make the largest purse by far of his whole career.

Just think of it.....these micro-brains are legally able to accept government assistance, procreate, and slobber over their bibs. Some of them can even write their names.......

Astonishing !!
    thats my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by BTTAG145 View Post
      That was just pure hatred right and nothing you said had any merit or truth to it. You went off on a tirade simply because your a fanboy and can't deal with the fact your crush got KTFO. It's also insulting for you to infer that JMM doesn't have fans of his own and only Mayweather fans are speaking out..
      Most of JMM fans would love to see him Knock that fraud Pacquiao out again after getting robbed 3 times in the past already. JMM don't have nothing to prove anymore he already proved he is Pacs daddy.
      50/50 will probably get the fight done though.
      Just can't get over how disrespectful some of you pac fans are.
      The nerve some of you have implying JMM is on roids. Saying he cheated with foot stomps and every excuse under the sun.
      Have some damn dignity and while you're at it cut out that racist talk.
      You have strange ideas as to what "hatred" actually means. And the rest of your diatribe sounds just silly. I have no especial liking for either Pacquiao or Marquez, except that they both put on a good exhibition of "unarmed" combat. When i was involved personally I regarded it as a genuine sport. But it's obvious to me that once money arrives, "sport" vanishes and it becomes dedicated big business. The cretinous fans, can't differentiate between their jumbled up likes, dislikes, hatreds,fears, convulsions or brain-episodes, and spew forth astonshing levels of rubbish.

Rather like what you have just done.
      Last edited by edgarg; 02-14-2013, 07:13 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by BigGenes View Post
        They can fight as many as BOB ARUM wants. The only reason "CAN'T" is if somebody is retired or dead!!!

And I'll bet 75% of the real fans will watch it over and over again!
        Yes they can! I don't have agree with it to watch it. JMM closed the show to a standing ovation but ill go again for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
          thats my favorite.
          I was wondering when you would chip in your cent's worth. My posts seem unfinished without your pointed (headed) criticisms.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
            I was wondering when you would chip in your cent's worth. My posts seem unfinished without your pointed (headed) criticisms.
            also loved how you said you said you have no preference between PAC and JMM. That was great!

Comment

Big risk for Pacquaio.

If Pacquaio takes this fight and loses again, his career is well and truley over.

Comment

Originally posted by BTTAG145 View Post
                That was just pure hatred right and nothing you said had any merit or truth to it. You went off on a tirade simply because your a fanboy and can't deal with the fact your crush got KTFO. It's also insulting for you to infer that JMM doesn't have fans of his own and only Mayweather fans are speaking out..
                Most of JMM fans would love to see him Knock that fraud Pacquiao out again after getting robbed 3 times in the past already. JMM don't have nothing to prove anymore he already proved he is Pacs daddy.
                50/50 will probably get the fight done though.
                Just can't get over how disrespectful some of you pac fans are.
                The nerve some of you have implying JMM is on roids. Saying he cheated with foot stomps and every excuse under the sun.
                Have some damn dignity and while you're at it cut out that racist talk.
                Having re-read your post, I want to add something Concerning "footstomps". In their 3rd fight, it is on record that Marquez stepped ON Pacquiao's foot 28 times. There may have been more, but I saw 28. Nearly every time it was a definite "a foot standing on top of another" kind of thing. I'm not saying it was one-sided, but where Pacquiao's foot touched Marquez', he immediately moved it away, and they were side-touches.

Pacquiao was being actually pinned so that he couldn't pull away for a second ot two, which threw off his balance causing him to flail helplessly, whilst Marquez was able to pinpoint accurate combinations at a monemtarily static target. It was in these exchanges that Marquez scored most of his points.

Have a look......please..... In round 12, Marquez can bee seen to raise his foot and place it right on top of Pacquiao's. Pacquiao pulls hard and moves his foot back TWO paces. Marquez still KEEPS his foot on top of Pacquioa's and MOVES TWO PACES WITH HIM.

This could be nothing but deliberate and I believe it was not a fair contest.

I've seen a close-up slo mo video of the KO in the 4th fight, and it was clear that Pacquiao actually tripped over Marquez" utstretched foot and fell face first right into Marquez' punch.
                It wasn't a deliberate trip, but it happened. By the time that the punch connected, Marquez' head and shoulders were actually partly behind Pacquiao, and neither he nor Pacquiao could have seen the punch landing. This made it all the more devastating.

I was a featherweight sparring a former national welterweight champ, much taller. He was pushing and batting me around the ring, and I let go with a huge desperation right hand. I myself didn't know where it would land, if anywhere. My head ended down at waist-high, but the guy stopped and said I nearly broke his jaw. It was just one of those unexpected things, and I can't help but see a similar one in Pacquiao-Marquez 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                  also loved how you said you said you have no preference between PAC and JMM. That was great!
                  No I actually haven't. I believe that Pacquiao is a bit too sanctimonious in his sudden ostentations piety, and I believe that Marquez has a bit too "dog-in-a-manger" a personality, but I couldn't care less about either of those attributes.

Just the way I always liked to see Chris Byrd's skill in beating those huge, lethal heavyweights, but couldn't stand the way he rolled his eyes heavenwards and thanked "the Lord" in an unctuous public display ....

One thing I have liked, is to have seen Pacquiao's transformation from a pint-sized street kid into a global icon, who has never forgotten his roots and does good things for his people. It's almost a unique story in boxing, and fairly rare in any field.

His public transgressions and recantations and repentences etc are a comedic story in themselves.

I bet that the poor guy must have his bedcovers thrown back by a bodyguard each night in case some photographer and/or stripper is lurking there. And, after all, he's no Robert Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by The Nephilim View Post
                    This is a JOKE.

How many fights are these two going to have?

So if Pacman wins we get Pacman - Marquez 6? And then 7, 8, 9 and so on?

Arum, you have a rep all right. A rep as a corrupt a$$hole.

Somebody, MAKE IT STOP!
                    The 4th fight was called a joke & not nessesary but it was still made & made a Million PPVs! it was also the FOTY!! The best fight last year? And u called that a Joke!

That fight was made coz Floyd still ducking and the Bradley rematch is not necessary! Floyd still don't wanna fight Pac! Pac need to redeem himself against only one Person, JMM!! JMM will sign it!! That's the best Money fight!

Comment

Cool by me a top fighter wanting to avenge his KO loss to his ultimate rival? What's not to like about that if he beat Marquez he should reach bradley and that alone will set up the Floyd fight again as long as both win and if they fight this era of boxing will be complete.

Comment

Working...
                      X