No announcement yet.

the worst commentating in boxing history...in edmonton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the worst commentating in boxing history...in edmonton

just watching tye fields vs raphael butler & his ex-trainer ken lakusta is the analyst & he's actually coaching him from the commentators table...it's comical. he's like tye is doing exactly what he needs to do just as he takes a huge unanswered overhand right. it was completely bias & wrong. it was on sportsnet west channel in canada. i'm sure there will be re-runs...

lol tye fields. . .

Comment

Joe, do some round-by-round.....

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        Joe, do some round-by-round.....
        it's over but tye is so easy to hit & got dropped in the 2nd.he did something smart though.he said before the fight everytime he got dropped he tried to get up too fast so he said if i hit the canvas i will take a knee & wait for the 8 count then get up. he did just that & it helped him stay in the fight. he won 5 of 6 rounds but he got caught by some huge punches. he was only 261 for this fight & was ripped. his conditioning was a factor without a doubt. he gets hit way to easy but will always be able to make money in this sport. he now is KO boxing's main attraction in edmonton. the sport has been good to him but he won't get above the C+ level because everytime he steps up the guys expose his inability to keep his left hand up. he is at the same level as firtha, gavern,quezada, chazz witherspoon, rossy. they are the gatekeepers...
        Last edited by joe strong; 10-22-2011, 10:19 PM.

Comment

i have watched it twice now. he's like" he's got fight like floyd mayweather"...i like tye fields but come on,like floyd? everytime he got hit this guy was yelling instructions to him in the microphone & wasn't doing his job.he'd be thats what you got to do & next thing you know it butler cracks him flush. i couldn't believe what i was hearing.it was so funny. this guy should not work tye field's fights...i almost forgot his scorecards the round tye gets dropped he gives butler a 10-9 round when butler clearly won the round so 10-8 it shouldve been, a couple 10-10 rounds,etc...i can't hassle ken lakusta too much because he once fought george foreman at northlands coliseum in edmonton in the 80's...biggest fight ever here!

Comment

Surprised he even won to be honest. Raphael Butler is a massively explosive puncher - and literally nothing else, sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadmazing View Post
              Surprised he even won to be honest. Raphael Butler is a massively explosive puncher - and literally nothing else, sure.
              if he was his usual 280 he doesn't get up after the knockdown in the 2nd.he was in great shape at 261 so he handled the big punches fairly well but he was hit hard several times throughout the fight. tye landed 8-9 taps while butler would land one huge punch which almost made the rounds even lol! tye fields is what he is.a big punching,awkward southpaw with terrible footwork & a horrible defence.if he lands a good one it's lights out but true boxers with a decent defence can stay in a fight with him because his punches can been seen coming from a mile away.

Comment

no vid? that kinda dissapoints

Comment

Originally posted by El.Naranjito707 View Post
                  no vid? that kinda dissapoints
                  sportsnet west will re-run it over the next few weeks.it was on twice this weekend. you are from edmonton?

Comment

Working...
                  X