Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Britain refuse to hand over even more money to fund Euro bailouts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Britain refuse to hand over even more money to fund Euro bailouts?

I think we should.

In my opinion, Greece should be left to collapse so it can rebuild anew from the ashes of the Euro disaster. Throwing more money into the black hole that is Greece will not solve their economic problems and it certainly won't solve ours.

Obviously, the complete economic collapse of a Euro-zone country will register as an unmitigated catastrophe for the EU, which could potentially tear it apart. However, a smaller, more politically compact EU, comprising of France, Germany, and a small number of other economically stable nations would would be far more advantageous to Britain compared to the bloated and precarious system that exists presently.

As a nation with our own economic troubles, I find it hard to justify throwing huge amounts of money into a system that is obviously failing. Greece's troubles are not going to go away, and if we don't stop the donations here, we are going to lose a lot of money that could be spent on better things such as our crippled NHS, or Armed Services.

In addition to Greece, Spain and Portugal are also in serious economic turmoil. Simply put, these are Euro nations, thus are Europe's responsibility. We are a political member of the EU, and a major economic partner, but we are not signatories of the Euro monetary system and shouldn't be pressured into propping up a failing system.

In all honesty, I think we should get out of the EU now. We may have to breathe in the smoke of it's collapse for a few years, but at least we won't suffocate under the rubble.

Yes. Continuing to bail out Greece is like giving a homeless bum more money to buy beer, instead of helping them find shelter, a food kitchen and temporary work.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
      Yes. Continuing to bail out Greece is like giving a homeless bum more money to buy beer, instead of helping them find shelter, a food kitchen and temporary work.

If I was the Greek government, I would take it out of the EU and start from scratch. Away from the EU's economic restrictions and open wallet, it can rebuild slowly without having the ability to loan massive amounts of money and get into further trouble.

Of course, no one will lend Greece any money for the foreseeable future, but as it's economy slowly recovers, investment in the area will grow, and careful lending will eventually resume.

The country will suffer for a while, but it's tourism sector will keep people from starving. Out of the EU, things will go dirt cheap again, so tourism in the area will always be strong.

Comment

Screw the EU.

That is all.

Comment

No one should bail out the Greeks, they're doing this to themselves. Most Greeks work very minimal hours in comparison to most western countries, and majority are on early retirement programs. Most Greeks expect more benefits from their country and have them fit the bill for the rest of their lives while working less and retiring at an earlier age.

Comment

I can't pretend to have any great knowledge about economics, but I know we don't have the money to keep bailing out other countries. This is crazy and unsustainable.

Comment

Referendum to get out of the EU right now! I wouldn't give them a penny tbh, bunch of corrupt ****s.

Listen to Nigel.

Comment

Working...
              X