Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better legacy between Pacquiao and Duran?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    I think what he's trying to say is those 2 weren't ranked in the Top 10 at the weight fought at that time.

Then again neither were Palomino or Cuevas. But beating Palomino and Cuevas when Duran did is certainly better than DLH and Margarito when Pacqiauo has.

How can you not knock picking Pacqiauo though? Seriously. It's so so evident Roberto Duran has a better resume and legacy.
    If you look back I picked Duran decisively for now. I just hate when someone says Pac and then their called an idiot or uneducated. What he's done so far isnt leaps and bounds behind any great fighter in history. He close thats all I'm saying. These guys use boxrec just like anybody else. Hell Jro is 26. Who the f*uck did he see in their prime. Im 30 and missed most of it. Everybody wants to act like they're a walkin boxing dictionary but even fights you saw live need a quick study at times.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
      Palomino was the lineal champ just one fight prior to fighting Duran. he was definitely top 5 when Duran beat him.

Cuevas was not, which is why I mentioned in the list that he was indeed past prime.
      Your right it was instantly after the Duran fight he was out of the top 10 not after the Benitez fight. So yes your right he was.

So it's only Cuevas.

Comment

• Originally posted by badass316 View Post
        From what I see (again maybe I'm missing something), I have:

Duran Wins:
        Leonard - 1
        Palomino - 1
        Buchanan - 1
        Cuevas - 1

Duran Losses:
        Benitez - 1
        Hagler - 1
        Hearns - 1
        Leonard - 2

That's 4-5, not a winning record (unless I've missed someone again). And no I didn't see your post from page 9. I just saw the one post that you stated that he didn't have a losing record. At the time it stuck out to me because the only real HOFers that I thought he fought were the 3 from the fab 4 and benitez. Although BlackIrish pointed out others that I didn't know about. But even with the 3 I missed I still have him as sub .500

And lets not get into the math stuff. I can do a little basic math to say the least lol And I'm not really a floyd fan either
        DeJesus is on the World boxing Hall of fame....And, Duran went 2-1 with him 6-6

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
          Is Kobayashi considered a HOF'er? I don't recall him ever being inducted off the top of my head.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
            fact: DLH and Margarito were not ranked in any division when Pacquiao beat them. DLH did nothing after the Pacquiao fight, he retired after looking god awful. every one of Durans wins I listed were either top in the division when he fought them or went on to do great things.

if Margarito goes on to do anything after the Pacquiao fight, then I think its fair that I give Pacquiao credit for the win.
            DLH and Margaritto may not have been ranked in the top 10 at the time Pacquiao fought them but given the circumstances Pacquiao had to deal with they were still great achievements (the DLH more so than Margs). I think Pacquiao's stoppage of DLH is actually more impressive than his KO win over the 140 lineal champ Hatton.

It seems like you're trying discredit the DLH win as much as possible, but let's give credit where credit is due. Stopping a guy two weight classes above you, whose only been stopped once in his career (a great career for that matter), is pretty damn impressive in my opinion. Maybe, just maybe, Pacquiao had a little bit to do with him looking awful than him showing his age.

Comment

• Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
              If you look back I picked Duran decisively for now. I just hate when someone says Pac and then their called an idiot or uneducated. What he's done so far isnt leaps and bounds behind any great fighter in history. He close thats all I'm saying. These guys use boxrec just like anybody else. Hell Jro is 26. Who the f*uck did he see in their prime. Im 30 and missed most of it. Everybody wants to act like they're a walkin boxing dictionary but even fights you saw live need a quick study at times.
              LOL @ mentioning me,

To me an idiot is when they use the logic of Duran didn't beat anybody at LW.

Or that Duran lost to Camacho.

Which is terrible logic.

Or when people throw names like Paz being in the HOF when he's not.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                I don't see him listed in here:

http://www.ibhof.com/pages/about/inductees/modern.html

Which is why I didn't consider him.

Comment

• Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                  But that's the thing though. It actually is leaps and bounds behind MANY.

That's why when people make these claims, that response is given.
                  Last edited by IronDanHamza; 03-05-2011, 05:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Is Kobayashi considered a HOF'er? I don't recall him ever being inducted off the top of my head.
                    I don't think so.

Comment

• Pac is ahead of Duran. Pac is one man at the top of his proffesion and everyone looks up to the beacon of light that is Pac, and to a lesser degree Floyd.

With Duran he was never singled out as the best, rather than one of many bests.

People keep saying what Pac has done has never been done, and never may likely be done again. So you do the maths.

Comment

Working...
                      X