Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Quillin continue the proxy war, or is it over?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Quillin continue the proxy war, or is it over?

After Rosado, do you see him pursuing Proksa (or Mora since he beat him) or Macklin next. I think Macklin has one more fight on HBO, but should be free after that.

Seems he's going for Jacobs next, but GBP don't have squat after that

I would love to see him fight Barker, get a belt and probably a nice KO

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
      I would love to see him fight Barker, get a belt and probably a nice KO
      He has a better chance of fighting Murray because if Barker keeps his belt, it's Sturm, Geale and Murray all in the wings over Quillin

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
        He has a better chance of fighting Murray because if Barker keeps his belt, it's Sturm, Geale and Murray all in the wings over Quillin
        That would be a good fight for him to prove he is up there with Sergio

Comment

Quillin does seem to be in a weaker position than Golovkin, Barker and Martinez to get meaningful fights and money. Martinez gets a big money fight with perhaps Cotto and then maybe retires, Barker gets good money fighting Sturm and then rematches Geale if he wins or rematches Sturm if he loses which means he will be busy until late 2014, Golovkin gets Murray early 2014 and is in a better position to get fights because he brings more money and GBP don't really have much beyond Quillin at middleweight or super middleweight. Quillin's options may open up a bit by the end of 2014 though. He may have to come to Britain if he wants to fight Barker, or Germany for Sturm. Whichever way you look at it Quillin is in a weaker position that the other belt-holders or even potentially new belt-holders.

Comment

He's in a lose-lose situation if he fights Macklin. Because he's going to have to KO him in under 3 rounds to make a statement.

Barker, Murray or Geale is who he should aim for. I think he can beat all 3 of them, but it will be tough. Especially Murray.

Comment

he should rematch Rosado, if not.... after Jacobs, GBP should match him with Pirog since there will be no more in-house fights for Quillin.

But of course we all know that's not going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                He's in a lose-lose situation if he fights Macklin. Because he's going to have to KO him in under 3 rounds to make a statement.

Barker, Murray or Geale is who he should aim for. I think he can beat all 3 of them, but it will be tough. Especially Murray.
                Murray would be an excellent opponent for anyone but I think he is going to fight Golovkin before Quillin, if either ever happens. K2/HBO seems to really like that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
                  he should rematch Rosado, if not.... after Jacobs, GBP should match him with Pirog since there will be no more in-house fights for Quillin.

Is pirog even going to fight again?

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post

I wonder if Pirog still has a line at the belt since they stripped him.... then again, he dropped it to fight Golovkin

Comment

Working...
                    X