No announcement yet.

Next for BJ Penn?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next for BJ Penn?

What do you think. I'm sure K-1 is going to keep him more than happy with his salary so we'll see BJ in action more often now. Genki would be great, but it looks like they are trying to pump up Genki vs. another Gracie. I'm not sure who K-1 has on their roster at BJ's weight class. What do you guys think? I think he'll sit for a little bit until a good challenge comes around.

i just hope they don't use him for some goofball matchup. i can just see a "bj vs. sapp" on it's way

Comment

Penn vs sumo guy

Comment

I hope Bushido picks him up. Bigger paychecks in Japan, either at 170 or 155.... preferably at 155lbs because there seems to be more competition at 155lbs in Japan. However, I do agree with Green Whale... Bj will probably sit around until something good is offered to him, in the same sense it seems that everything that comes from Japan is a good offer, its the UFC that makes the ****ty offers. Hopefully Bj stays active and hopefully he gets on shows that make PPV. He is PPV material, no doubt. I'd pay $25-$30 (whatever it is) just to watch Bj fight.

Right now, Penn is way too hot to stop fighting or to take time off. Hes on a winning streak and needs to keep fighting as long as he is in his prime, and that seems to be now. I'd like to see him avenge his loss against Pulver in Japan.... I can definately see that happening, however it would have to be at 155lbs coz I doubt Jens can make 170lbs. And in the event that fight takes place, I'm pickin Penn.

Go Penn!

Comment

Penn is the man at 155 but it would be really hard for him to make that weight now. There are a lot of guys that would be tough for him at 170.

Comment

i hope he stays in japan at K-1 or maybe even goes to Bushido.

penn vs sherk, newton, takase, mishima...in K-1 i'd love to see penn vs sudo.

Comment

Doog you remind me of someone else that I hate hmm wonder who that is? . you are just negative man. The UFC doesnt offer less cuz they want to hord the money. They dont have the resources or the fan base to compete with K1 or Pride. that is not a bad thing its just reality. so why do you always insist the UFC is offering less just to F^ck people. Its just reality right now until a TV Deal and a bigger fan base. Now the UFC has made many mistakes and they have there title system in complete disaray for what ever reason. But Pulver and Barnett and Busta made there own choices the UFC has rules and they stick by them and expect there fighters to do the same. I have no problem with these three fighters leaving but to say the UFC made them leave is false. They left the UFC for what they felt were greener pastors. Pulver obviously made a mistake he has faught in minor league promotions. Barnett was fortunate to have gotten into pro wrestling so its tough to see it has worked out personally and being that he is a pro wrestler in Japan he now has the luxery to fight nothing but Cans. Busta didnt fight for over a year and is now in pride well see how active they keep him.

Comment

Penn Vs Sherk would be great. Just awsome. Sherk would Dismantle Penn into about a thousand pieces by GNP. Sherk has very good grappling skills he would not get Sub.

Comment

Originally posted by badguy
                  Dogg you remind me of someone else that I hate hmm wonder who that is? . you are just negative man. The UFC doesnt offer less cuz they want to hord the money. They dont have the resources or the fan base to compete with K1 or Pride. that is not a bad thing its just reality. so why do you always insist the UFC is offering less just to F^ck people. Its just reality right now until a TV Deal and a bigger fan base. Now the UFC has made many mistakes and they have there title system in complete disaray for what ever reason. But Pulver and Barnett and Busta made there own choices the UFC has rules and they stick by them and expect there fighters to do the same. I have no problem with these three fighters leaving but to say the UFC made them leave is false. They left the UFC for what they felt were greener pastors. Pulver obviously made a mistake he has faught in minor league promotions. Barnett was fortunate to have gotten into pro wrestling so its tough to see it has worked out personally and being that he is a pro wrestler in Japan he now has the luxery to fight nothing but Cans. Busta didnt fight for over a year and is now in pride well see how active they keep him.
                  No need to "hate" me, BRO. I'm not negative just because I can be, I got me reasons. Sorry I did'nt type out a ****in thesis on it so you could better understand where I am coming from. You might wanna research before running your mouth boy. Fact after fact. Check it....

The UFC is ****ing horrible on how they treat their fighters... PERIOD. They're still paying guys like Tito, as a non-champion $150k to fight and $75k to win, when they are paying guys like Diaz (who put on a way better show) $4k to fight and $4k to win, eaqualing $8k. He got paid $8k to jump in there with Lawler..... ****ing bull****. When he first fought Jeremy Jackson, they were each paid $2k to fight and $2k to win. Where is all the money? Its not that they don't have it in their possession... they are giving it to other guys.... in lump sums. While giving other fighters their ****in chump change.

Wonder why Pulver left the UFC? Because while he was champ, at his highest point in the UFC.... he was paid $12k to fight and $12k to win, then goes to Japan as a non-champion and is offered $50k just to fight, win or lose. Thats double what the UFC was paying him as a champion, yet the UFC can afford to pay Chuck Liddell, Tito Ortiz and Randy Couture, a total of about $400k between them 3 in one show, but they can't afford to pay the rest of the fighters (an average of about 13 fighters) more than $200k total. Thats half, split between 13 fighters of what 3 fighters total paychecks come out to. You're telling me that they can't disperse their money out better?

UFC started back in 1993, while PRIDE started in 1997. The UFC has had an extra 4 years to build up an elite MMA event, yet they have'nt..... however our buddies over in Japan were able to multiply that by about 5. They built it up and still do.... as a sport, UFC does'nt. For example.... canning Penn coz he went to go fight K-1?! Do you realize how much they could've used that to their advantage? But no, its like they got all butt hurt and said "**** Penn". BJ's contract was up, he had not been scheduled on the following UFC card, and they would not pay him for a rematch against Hughes... making more than Hughes, and as BJ felt that it was only right to make more money as being a champion, they did'nt want to do that..... so then Penn gets an offer of $150k (win or lose) to fight Duane Ludwig in K-1..... and now BJ is the bad guy? Can't fight in the UFC ever again? Yet we got Tim Sylvia testing dirty 2 ****ing times and here he is about to fight for the Heavy weight belt again.

UFC = Bull****.They just don't have thier **** together, and I am guessing its because of management, favortism, and personal emotions of the management of Zuffa. Just a guess when analizing the facts.

The UFC has some awesome fighters, I am not knockin the fighters, its the management of the event. Really, its about the fighters, not the UFC...... not this nonsense that the fighters are leaving because they THINK there is something better out there..... its a fact.... there IS something better out there for them. To say that the UFC did'nt make them leave is complete bull****. When you're not getting what you deserve, its not just a personal decision based on choices within self, its a personal decision based at the descretion of Zuffa's loyalty, and appreciation in having each of these fighters fight for them, resulting in Zuffa's paydays. Whats this bull**** about "rules" that you talk about? Rules should be enforced during a fight.... you're telling me they have their own rules on how to treat fighters and the fighters have rules on how to act? **** the rules of their management...... what about the "smarts" and using the business to build up the sport? Horrible ****ing management. Sure, they do a decent job..... howerver IMO, if KOTC had the money Zuffa had.... they'd put on a way better show.

And whats this?? Pulver went to go fight in the minor leages? HA! Hes made more ****ing money fighting in the "minor leagues" than he has with Zuffa. Aside from that, he fights the top fighters in the "minor leagues", and ended up losing to a few fighters.... Duane Ludwig was one of them. Not that hes fighting chump change, hes fought guys who have turned out to be top, world class fighters.

Theres my explanation and opinions in which I live in hopes that it meets your standards and opinions so you don't go around "hating me". You think whatever you want, I really could give a **** less, but open you're ****ing eyes to the facts, bud. Everything is not so "cut-n-dry", kimosabee.

Comment

Dogg is right and Badguy is wrong. Shooto does pay much better than the UFC. The UFC concentrates too much on promoting their brand name as opposed to the fighters. This is gonna blow up in their face.

Comment

Working...
                    X