No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jeff Horn vs. Gary Corcoran Secured By ESPN, December 13

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
    I still don’t know why ESPN and Haymon couldn’t reach an agreement with the stable Haymon has. Yet TR gets an exclusive rights deal. I’m guessing ESPN couldn’t reach Haymon’s number because I cannot see ESPN passing on Thurman, Garcia, and others in favor of this crap.
    Look at how ESPN treats boxing. Then add in a staff writer who barely has anything nice to say about PBC. Combine the two and you have reason to leave and take your ESPN fights to FS1.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Look at how ESPN treats boxing. Then add in a staff writer who barely has anything nice to say about PBC. Combine the two and you have reason to leave and take your ESPN fights to FS1.
      I get that but why sign TR?

Comment

Maybe because Tr has a huge stable of elite fighters like crawford lomachenko ramirez valdez pacquiao and the list goes on as well as some of the best future prospects stevenson and conlan. And unlike haymon Arum had always showed a willingness to match his fighters tough. Haymon lets his guys cherry pick which is why hbo cut ties with him years ago. Haymon spent 600 mill on time buys and arum got this deal without doing a time buy so he must be doing something right that pbc isnt. Its a business and haymon doesnt know how to make a profitable business from pbc.

Also the people saying horn is garbage probably hasnt even seen him fight. The guy has some real skills

Comment

They didn't boot PBC. PBC walked away.

And Arum needed a new home. Note that Top Rank has an investor so ESPN isn't committing much.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
            What a waste of money, I'm in favor of boxing on free TV but this reminds me of the canceled series on ESPN 'Friday Night Fights'...thats the accurate level of this fight, it probably wouldn't even make the mainevent on the scrapped series-- thats what I think of Jeff Horn, pure TRASH!
            I'm guessing you wasted 10 years of your life involved in the pacquaio/floyd/arum/etc feuds and can't let it die because there's no other reason you would feel this passionately about Jeff Horn.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
              I'm guessing you wasted 10 years of your life involved in the pacquaio/floyd/arum/etc feuds and can't let it die because there's no other reason you would feel this passionately about Jeff Horn.
              Ha! I cant stand talking about Mayweather-Pacquaio, anybody that knows me knows I hate old outdated fighters, the Roy Jones, Mike Tysons, tha good Ol'e days! they are irrelevant and really embarrassing to talk about among the hardcore with whats going on today in the world of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by jjsmyth87 View Post
                Maybe because Tr has a huge stable of elite fighters like crawford lomachenko ramirez valdez pacquiao and the list goes on as well as some of the best future prospects stevenson and conlan. And unlike haymon Arum had always showed a willingness to match his fighters tough. Haymon lets his guys cherry pick which is why hbo cut ties with him years ago. Haymon spent 600 mill on time buys and arum got this deal without doing a time buy so he must be doing something right that pbc isnt. Its a business and haymon doesnt know how to make a profitable business from pbc.

Also the people saying horn is garbage probably hasnt even seen him fight. The guy has some real skills
                There’s no money in any of those guys except Manny and Crawford. Take out the Manny fight and these fights aren’t even putting up PBC mismatches numbers.

Comment

Good solid defence first up for Horn, get that name out real boxing fans should be watching, then make something big in the US maybe Bud?

Comment

This will be a ridiculously scrappy and ugly fight. Corcaran is not a pretty fighter to watch, and, though ive only seen him fight Pac, neither is Horn

Crazy that Corcaran is headlining on ESPN

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                      Looking for a sloppy TKO, Horn by multiple head butts and sundry elbows and forearms.
                      Jeff "The Hornet" Horn puts on a Mayweather-ish clinic en route to a clean, easy UD.

Comment

Working...
                      X