CANELO vs GGG: The Aftermath

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about this for an Aftermath...

Comment

They are my two favorite fighters. I thought Canelo was faster and sharper. Two great boxers but one is 27 and the other is 35 so it's not surprising Canelo was quicker and more accurate. I still though GGG deserved to win because he fought 3 minutes of every round and Canelo fought in spurts and had to take time off. He couldn't match GGG's strength and stamina. GGG missed a lot more punches than Canelo but the punch counters say he threw 200 more punches than Canelo. This enabled him to land a few more punches than Canelo in at least 7 rounds and force the fight. I thought GGG won. I don't think he won by a big amount but I thought he was a clear winner. Almost all of the boxers I have heard or read an opinion from said GGG won. Every poll I have seen including the one on here had the big majority saying GGG won. Those that scored it for Canelo have the right to score the fight that way. It was a good, close fight that was difficult to score. Canelo's flashy precision vs, GGG's relentless pressure and volume punching.

Comment

Originally posted by triplohe View Post
        Fights are not scored as a whole. They are scored by rounds, and scoring by rounds, 3G clearly won, even though it was a close fight.

Close, but clear. 3G victory.
        The fact that you wrote he won CLEARLY lets me know you are a very biased observer. That and your profile image. LOL. The only CLEAR thing about this fight is it was VERY close.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          They are my two favorite fighters. I thought Canelo was faster and sharper. Two great boxers but one is 27 and the other is 35 so it's not surprising Canelo was quicker and more accurate. I still though GGG deserved to win because he fought 3 minutes of every round and Canelo fought in spurts and had to take time off. He couldn't match GGG's strength and stamina. GGG missed a lot more punches than Canelo but the punch counters say he threw 200 more punches than Canelo. This enabled him to land a few more punches than Canelo in at least 7 rounds and force the fight. I thought GGG won. I don't think he won by a big amount but I thought he was a clear winner. Almost all of the boxers I have heard or read an opinion from said GGG won. Every poll I have seen including the one on here had the big majority saying GGG won. Those that scored it for Canelo have the right to score the fight that way. It was a good, close fight that was difficult to score. Canelo's flashy precision vs, GGG's relentless pressure and volume punching.
          Pressuring doesn't mean "fighting" but to each their own. GGG could have capitalized on his "pressure" when Canelo was tired and went to the ropes. GGG did not. So, I don't credit him for pressure that never put Canelo in problems. Also, I'll take a power punch over 3 jabs. Especially some of the jabs GGG threw, which 30% literally seemed like reaches. That's me.

Comment

Working...
          X