• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
    Whole damn forum knew Jacobs won. This is just a tiny sample
    I'll just quote this guy:
    Originally posted by Porter's Dad View Post
    It's absolutely nuts. In the arena, people were commending Danny for fighting with a lot of heart but no-one thought he won. People were walking out before the result was read because everyone agreed Golovkin won

Just because Golovkin looked flat doesn't mean he didn't win the rounds. He controlled rounds with his jab, he had the better defence, he finished better, he hurt Danny plenty of times.

It really shows how swayed people are by commentary - and their own expectations of how the fight SHOULD go.

Comment

116-112 for GGG, had a 10-10 in there somewhere

Comment

Look at all the damn posts I'm bumping from the night of the fight

Just look at the actual rbr from the fight on fight night FFS

I was at the damn fight and 90% of the crowd including GG die hard fans thought Jacobs won

Even HBO essentially thought he won

The majority of boxers thought DJ won

mega even started a thread before the decision was announced because he like everyone else thought DJ won

Stop sucking d1ck man, damn

I'm out
        Everyone one was impressed that Jacobs survived. But when you look back at it, through an objective lens which is not coloured by Jacobs merely surviving, he really didn't do enough to win it. He did not have the cleaner shots. His face was completely busted up. Are you telling me that a guy with 29KO's can't bust up a face?

Comment

Lara, Canelo, Trout, Mora, Khan, Mayweather, Anthony/Andre Dirrel, Ward and 75% of MSG thought Jacobs won

Hell even HBO thought Jabobs won

115-113 = HBO thought Jacobs won
          Please find me the link on HBO because Lederman had it for Golovkin.

The 75% is just made up.

Most fighters aren't scoring the fight round by round. They are just watching the fight and then making an overall assessment, just like most fans. So I take that with a grain of salt. Plus lots of fighters have their own agendas. I have no doubt that Floyd has one with Golovkin.

Golovkin's fight was far less controversial than Ward-Kov I or Floyd-Castillo I IMO.

Golovkin won 4 rounds without question. Plus a KD. There were so many close rounds. Jacobs won probably three rounds clearly. To give him 4/5 close rounds is bending backwards for him.

Anyways that fight is over and we are on to this on. Let's see if Canelo can give Golovkin an L.

Comment

Look at all the damn posts I'm bumping from the night of the fight

Just look at the actual rbr from the fight on fight night FFS

I was at the damn fight and 90% of the crowd including GG die hard fans thought Jacobs won

Even HBO essentially thought he won

The majority of boxers thought DJ won

mega even started a thread before the decision was announced because he like everyone else thought DJ won

Stop sucking d1ck man, damn

I'm out
            BS that most boxers thought Jacobs won, or that most people on the forum thought he won - you are just cherry-picking posts

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=740174
            about 60/40 for GGG, and the forum is full of GGG haters like you

I don't know if you were at the fight or not, but even if so, I doubt you polled 10 people to find an opinion, let alone the whole audience so gtfo with your 90% of fans at the fight thought GGG lost.

Here, you need this:
            Last edited by buge; 09-13-2017, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Jacobs won 1-3. Ggg 4-6 w/ a 10-8

Jacobs 7-12
              LOL! That would rank as one of the worst judged fights of all time.

Anyone who scored that fight 116-111 for Jacobs either doesn't know crap about boxing or is a Golovkin hater. Probably both.

You've lost any credibility.

Comment

I don't have my paper now, but I do recall having Jacobs up by 2 when I scored it live.

Comment

Originally posted by buge View Post
                  BS that most boxers thought Jacobs won, or that most people on the forum thought he won - you are just cherry-picking posts

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=740174
                  about 60/40 for GGG, and the forum is full of GGG haters like you

I don't know if you were at the fight or not, but even if so, I doubt you polled 10 people to find an opinion, let alone the whole audience so gtfo with your 90% of fans at the fight thought GGG lost.

Here, you need this:
                  He scored the fight 116-111 for Jacobs LOL. At best the guy needs glasses. Not sure if he doesn't know boxing or he's just an absolute Golovkin hater.

Whatever the case is he has totally demonstrated any lack of credibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
                    I don't have my paper now, but I do recall having Jacobs up by 2 when I scored it live.
                    So you scored a round 10-10? Because that is the only way you can get a two point difference for Jacobs. 10-10 rounds basically never happen in boxing in the the states. Find me a championship fight that has happened. And if you scored one round 10-10 there were numerous rounds that could have been scored that way.

Comment

• Very close fight, understand arguments both ways.

Comment

Working...
                      X