Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor Drops, Stops Ohara Davies in Seven Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh schooled Ohara. It was a great night and I enjoyed him getting dropped.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Freddy-
      Josh schooled Ohara. It was a great night and I enjoyed him being dropped.
      Josh is going to be the greatest Scottish fighter since ken buchanan imo. green k for the avatar

Comment

• Good performance from Taylor, very entertaining fight.

Originally posted by mlac View Post
        Josh is going to be the greatest Scottish fighter since ken buchanan imo. green k for the avatar
        He certainly does look like he might be better than Watt, Harrison, and Burns but a long way to go.

I don't think Burns-Crolla will be happening in Monte Carlo. Crolla will probably have a soft touch in Monte Carlo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Humean View Post
          Good performance from Taylor, very entertaining fight.

He certainly does look like he might be better than Watt Harrison, and Burns but a long way to go.

I don't think Burns-Crolla will be happening in Monte Carlo. Crolla will probably have a soft touch in Monte Carlo.
          I don't really see who else Burn's can fight, he probably knows, or at least his team know's that hes shot, and only has one more cash out fight in him
          The interest just isnt there for the crolla's of this world, so hopefuly Barry makes a reasonable offer to him, not sure there's a whole lot of $ fighting on channel 5 though?

I would personally like to see him fight Burn's next then Jack Catterall at the end of the year and then Tyrone nurse before fighting Prograis next summer / end of the year.

The mgguigans seem to think it's burns and then the indongo/Crawford winner....which is ridiculous considering hes 26 and has 10 fights...

Comment

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
            I don't really see who else Burn's can fight, he probably knows, or at least his team know's that hes shot, and only has one more cash out fight in him
            The interest just isnt there for the crolla's of this world, so hopefuly Barry makes a reasonable offer to him, not sure there's a whole lot of $ fighting on channel 5 though?

I would personally like to see him fight Burn's next then Jack Catterall at the end of the year and then Tyrone nurse before fighting Prograis next summer / end of the year.

The mgguigans seem to think it's burns and then the indongo/Crawford winner....which is ridiculous considering hes 26 and has 10 fights...
            Burns' best bet is waiting on the Crolla fight, that fight will make decent money.

Crawford will probably drop all the belts after he defeats Indongo and move to welterweight so plenty of options for world title belts will open up soon for Taylor. I certainly don't see him fighting Catterall or Nurse, more likely world ranking fights to manoeuvre him into a title shot quickly unless Burns bites and crazily decides to fight Taylor.

Comment

Burns' best bet is waiting on the Crolla fight, that fight will make decent money.

Crawford will probably drop all the belts after he defeats Indongo and move to welterweight so plenty of options for world title belts will open up soon for Taylor. I certainly don't see him fighting Catterall or Nurse, more likely world ranking fights to manoeuvre him into a title shot quickly unless Burns bites and crazily decides to fight Taylor.
              Hearn is a snakeoilsalesman but even he couldnt put crolla v burns on PPV, no money or interest in it. The only PPV he can do with Crolla is a Flanaghan grudge match imo.

Your probably right i just think it's much better for his progression to fight decent tricky awkward seasoned vet's like Nurse down the line than get thrown in with the wolves with someone like Lipinets for the vacant titles next year once bud moves up...

Comment

• I don't see it with this Ohara Davies. Sloppy, sloppy technique, lunges when he throws, wide winging shots, throws that big uppercut from the bleachers, and his footwork and stance are horrid. Reminds me of a smaller poor man's Edison Miranda, and we know what happened to Miranda whenever he stepped up in competition. Josh Taylor was impressive. Skills pays the bills, baby!

Comment

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
                  Hearn is a snakeoilsalesman but even he couldnt put crolla v burns on PPV, no money or interest in it. The only PPV he can do with Crolla is a Flanaghan grudge match imo.

Your probably right i just think it's much better for his progression to fight decent tricky awkward seasoned vet's like Nurse down the line than get thrown in with the wolves with someone like Lipinets for the vacant titles next year once bud moves up...
                  Not PPV just regular sky sports, that will do good ratings and a good gate. I actually quite like Burns-Crolla at this stage of their careers.

Yeah i'd rather he fought Catterall and Nurse too but you rarely see British fighters clear out all the domestic opposition these days.

Comment

• Is this the bum Bigdramashow was hyping?

Comment

Not PPV just regular sky sports, that will do good ratings and a good gate. I actually quite like Burns-Crolla at this stage of their careers.

Yeah i'd rather he fought Catterall and Nurse too but you rarely see British fighters clear out all the domestic opposition these days.
                      Have you seen the regular sky sports card's recently?

They are ****ing atrocious, i wouldnt watch them if you paid me. Burn's would hardly be able to cash out fighting on regular sky sports, he'd be getting the same money for fighting taylor tbh which generates far more interest and makes more sense.

Hearn knows he has a big PPV fight for crolla with Flanagan down the line and another L for crolla (even a shot burn's could still beat him) then that scuppers that plan..

Comment

Working...
                      X