No announcement yet.

Kid vs Kid: all time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kid vs Kid: all time

According to the international boxing research organization Kid Gavilan is ranked 6th all time at welterweight. Kid Chocolate is ranked 7th aat feaatherweight. Neither rank in the top 20 p4p, but if you had to pick who should rank higher who would it be and why?

Gavilan ranks 20 on my list.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
      He would rank abot there on mine also.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
        Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        He would rank abot there on mine also.
        What about Chocolate? It's said he was robbed against Canzoneri in their first fight and Battling Battalino. Surely he would rank higher historcally with these two wins, no?

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          What about Chocolate? It's said he was robbed against Canzoneri in their first fight and Battling Battalino. Surely he would rank higher historcally with these two wins, no?
          But then you could say that Gavilan was robbed against Robinson.

The more I look at it the closer it gets, used to think Gavilan but now I can't decide.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
            But then you could say that Gavilan was robbed against Robinson.

I have to respectffully disagree. That fight wasn't as close as Chocolates fights and the crowds were''t in an uproar over the decision. The questionable losses were also to white fighters and we all know those kkind of robberies happened often back than.

The more I look at it the closer it gets, used to think Gavilan but now I can't decide.
            Im in the same boat which is why I posed the question. Im just playing devil's advocate by disagreeing with you on the above.

Comment

I have to respectffully disagree. That fight wasn't as close as Chocolates fights and the crowds were''t in an uproar over the decision. The questionable losses were also to white fighters and we all know those kkind of robberies happened often back than.
              Except the crowd was in uproar, the fans apparently 'disagreed violently' with the decision and "set up such a roar of disagreement that the introduction of the championship principals was delayed until order was restored."

Took from boxrec, I read an article on it a while a go but am stuggling to find it, so that's all I have unfortunately, will post if I find.
              Last edited by NChristo; 11-16-2011, 09:07 AM.

Comment

I consider Kid Chocolate to be an underrated fighter but I wouldn't rank him higher than Kid Gavilan.

NChristo makes a good point in response to the Canzoneri fight for Chocolate.

Of course assuming that was a robbery (Which I do take into account when ranking apparent robberies I haven't seen in full I.e Locche-Ortiz) he would be ranked higher. But the same can be said for Gavilan and Ray Robinson.

Either way I still think it's Gavilan.

Comment

i'd call gavilan the greater fighter

both were terrific. unique fighters

kid chocolate made boxing look easy. prototypical cuban
                  i got a chance to see a cuban with a serious//national amateur background in person and you can see his influence, from the little guys to felix savon
                  Last edited by New England; 11-16-2011, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    I consider Kid Chocolate to be an underrated fighter but I wouldn't rank him higher than Kid Gavilan.

NChristo makes a good point in response to the Canzoneri fight for Chocolate.

Of course assuming that was a robbery (Which I do take into account when ranking apparent robberies I haven't seen in full I.e Locche-Ortiz) he would be ranked higher. But the same can be said for Gavilan and Ray Robinson.

Either way I still think it's Gavilan.
                    Good points from both of you, I just didn't feel like arguing something Im not sold on. It's close and I wouldn't fault anyone for picking one or the other without putting both their careers under a microscope first.

Comment

Working...
                    X