No announcement yet.

The "Let's All Laugh At Adrien Broner" Thread";

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Let's All Laugh At Adrien Broner" Thread";

Broner is a decent fighter with some potential, but all that preening, flossing and Floyd-Stanning is going to make him a laughing stock when he's inevitably brought back down to Earth with a bump after looking past some opponent or other and getting humiliatingly starched.

He's bought into that whole Floyd persona deal without really understanding the psychology of it. He thinks it's real, dumb kid.

So, seeing as he's gonna end up a complete fuckin' joke anyway, I figured we may as well get some licks in ahead of time and share examples and analysis of his stupidity and ridiculousness in a specially designated thread.

I'll start.

Utterly hilarious, but tragically fuckin' sad,

The presence of 'The Hawk' excepted, kid's going nowhere fast with that shower of fairweather shite hanging 'round him.

You can just smell the stench of epic cult failure icon coming off Broner already. "Look what socks we beat him in!"

Broner's response to being asked what he thinks of Floyd Sr., who last fought in 1990 and is more known these days for having groomed his son for All-Time Greatness, "He's one o' the best fa sho', but umm, it's mah time."

Another classic, "...I'm the next Floyd, futuristic Floyd."

Check this one - things to watch out for.

Broner's so desperate to be likened to Mayweather Jr. that his face lights up when Seckbach asks if he knows which other fighter he reminds him of "personality and looks wise" - he's already excitedly assumed that the name on Elie's lips could be none other than that of his idol, so imagine the disappointment he has to conceal when likened to the far less flashy and famous Devon Alexander.

Then when the 130lber with less than 20 fights (at the time) is asked to pick three guys he'd like to fight, he names "Floyd, Pacquiao..." and, umm, "...Floyd." again.

Then, get this, when asked about how a future bout with Floyd would turn out, he replies, "Floyd's a big idol, I, I love him to death, but, if he on the other side of that ring, he gotta get it." "It" presumably means a big, sloppy BJ from Broner. :*******:

Then, when explaining his strategy for Ponce De Leon, after a momentary "Umm..." to think about what Mayweather would say, he tells us, "...you can't hit what you can't see", in his best Floydish falling intonation, painstakingly mastered from careful study of HBO 24/7: Mayweather-Hatton episodes in his downtime, before adding a none more Floydish "...handle mah business.", just in case we didn't get the message that he wants to be Floyd yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Konitz View Post
      Loving that carefully studied and rehearsed (in the mirror) Floydish facial mannerism @ 1:49.

Comment

your a bit of a dweeb, aren't you?

Comment

Hes a ***** in the flesh.

Comment

Working...
          X