No announcement yet.

Canelo won Round 5 clearly! Not a close round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo won Round 5 clearly! Not a close round

I keep seeing people write that GGG clearly won rounds 4-9. Please, re-watch round 5, that might have been Canelo's best round of the fight. GGG landed at most 2 solid punches the whole round and Canelo countered him and landed the best punches of the fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrPIYCOyZG8

I have no problem with people scoring it either way, but round 5 was not even a close round, Canelo took that round and landed way more clean punches than GGG and actually had GGG rocked. GGG landed that one solid shot on the ear, but Canelo was blasting him most of the round as he made him miss wild shots.

Round 6 was a close round that could have gone either way, but not round 5, that was one of the clearest rounds in the fight.

Fuk, shtty gif wont work.

Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
      Fuk, shtty gif wont work.

Peace.
      It's a video.

Comment

No, I meant the shtty gif I was trying to post.

Peace and harmony.

Comment

I felt Golovkin won what was a very close 5th round.

The difference?

That huge right hand and short flurry after with about a minute left in the round.

To his credit, Canelo knew it was a pivotal scoring segment in the round and tried to respond.

Came up a little short that time, IMO.

I did give Canelo the next round tho

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
            I felt Golovkin won what was a very close 5th round.

The difference?

That huge right hand and short flurry after with about a minute left in the round.

To his credit, Canelo knew it was a pivotal scoring segment in the round and tried to respond.

Came up a little short that time, IMO.

I did give Canelo the next round tho
            I scored 5 and 6 for Canelo. Outside of that 1 shot, GGG landed nothing significant. Canelo landed maybe 10 hard sshots that round to GGG's 1 or 2 at most.

Comment

You're obsessed.

Log off.

Comment

The computer punch count may not be perfect but they are neutral. They just count punches and don't care which boxer landed more. They said in round 5 GGG threw 74 punches and landed 18 of them while Canelo threw 43 punches and landed 14 of them. So GGG threw a lot more punches and landed a few more punches than Canelo. That doesn't sound like such a clear Canelo round to me.

Comment

I just watch the replay of round five. I thought GGG won the round unless you give Canelo extra credit for shaking his head no a few times after GGG hit him with a good right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    The computer punch count may not be perfect but they are neutral. They just count punches and don't care which boxer landed more. They said in round 5 GGG threw 74 punches and landed 18 of them while Canelo threw 43 punches and landed 14 of them. So GGG threw a lot more punches and landed a few more punches than Canelo. That doesn't sound like such a clear Canelo round to me.
                    I'm curious, how does this computer count punches? Are there sensors anywhere on any equipment or on the boxers that count punches? Or is a human being siting there hitting a button whenever they see a punch landing.

Comment

Working...
                    X