Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people think Thurman vs Spence is a foregone conclusion??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
    How is Crawford tremendous? He has fought nobody to look tremendous... or are we talking about when inactive and blown up Gamboa was buzzing him? Why does Crawford get so much hype for having a complete crap resume. He fought 0 welterweights and 0 elite fighters... tremendous doe
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
      Yea great fight if it happens don't like the way Thurman is talking though.Makes me wonder if he REALLY wants this fight.Dont expect him to take it next after injury but he is sayin 2019 BS.He was bringing up Floyd and saying how Pac fight did not come off when people expected but it happened.This guy really think he is THAT big??????????
      Thurman strikes me as a guy that doesn't really understand the business. I've always got the feeling he never wanted to fight Spence tbh, I don't think he's running scared of Spence, I feel he's deluded himself to thinking Spence is not on his level and hasn't earned the right to fight him. He has a similiar attitude to what Amir Khan has regarding Kell Brook

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
        Thurman strikes me as a guy that doesn't really understand the business. I've always got the feeling he never wanted to fight Spence tbh, I don't think he's running scared of Spence, I feel he's deluded himself to thinking Spence is not on his level and hasn't earned the right to fight him. He has a similiar attitude to what Amir Khan has regarding Kell Brook
        I don't think for a sec that Thurman thinks Spence is not on his level.Real req real unless your talkin about level as far as popular then maybe he is deluded because none of my friends(who are casual sport fans not boxing fans)have heard of either.This one fight a year has hurt his market value and has stopped his growth as a fighter.This is as good as he will ever be.

Comment

How is Crawford tremendous? He has fought nobody to look tremendous... or are we talking about when inactive and blown up Gamboa was buzzing him? Why does Crawford get so much hype for having a complete crap resume. He fought 0 welterweights and 0 elite fighters... tremendous doe
          You don't see it, but I'm confident you will have no choice eventually.

To say he has fought nobody is pretty damn stupid. He has fought the best fighters available in two weight divisions. The only thing I agree with is that he is missing truly elite names on his resume. But lets not pretend there weren't plenty of people picking Gamboa against him, and also a few picking Postol against him, or predicting a tough fight.

its always easy to look clever in hindsight. He has dominated good fighters in a way that tells me that he has some serious levels. Now taking on some of these big welterweights is not going to be easy for him I don't think, but I expect him to rise above all of them.

Lets wait and see who is right and who is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by THC View Post
            Close fight. I can see Thurman boxing to a 12-round decision. If it was a 15-round fight, no. So basically can Spence break down Thurman before the fight ends?
            I see Thurman doing the equivalent of "running" for 12 rounds. I see Spence catching him in spots but ultimately, it not being enough to slow Thurman down.

Comment

Crawford would smack Spence around the ring. Gamboa got dropped 4 times and KO'd, so if that is the best ya got, you've got a long ass way to go.

Comment

It’s not an easy fight but Keith’s best days are behind him.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
                  I don't think for a sec that Thurman thinks Spence is not on his level.Real req real unless your talkin about level as far as popular then maybe he is deluded because none of my friends(who are casual sport fans not boxing fans)have heard of either.This one fight a year has hurt his market value and has stopped his growth as a fighter.This is as good as he will ever be.
                  I dunno man, I just get an impression from Thurman that he doesn’t want to be the guy that puts Spence over. I think he felt kinda disrespected when Spence and his team first called him out in 2015 to fight on the Mayweather-Berto card. I could be way off but I think Keith feels he’s a way bigger star than Spence which I agree is BS. If anything, Spence probably has the more star power nowadays tbh.
                  Thurman’s career has been terribly managed like a lot of these PBC guys. The momentum he had after a entertaining win over Porter was squandered due to inactivity and the exact same thing has happened after the Garcia W

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                    I dunno man, I just get an impression from Thurman that he doesn’t want to be the guy that puts Spence over. I think he felt kinda disrespected when Spence and his team first called him out in 2015 to fight on the Mayweather-Berto card. I could be way off but I think Keith feels he’s a way bigger star than Spence which I agree is BS. If anything, Spence probably has the more star power nowadays tbh.
                    Thurman’s career has been terribly managed like a lot of these PBC guys. The momentum he had after a entertaining win over Porter was squandered due to inactivity and the exact same thing has happened after the Garcia W
                    Yea I agree he had 2 very good wins both on network tv in prime time.And because none of these guys have a promoter(hayman don't speak and media hate him for it)and also because he only fights once a year he blew it.At least so far I think he should use his extra title to make spence give him a rematch clause and take fight.After a tune up I guess.But that don't sound like what he is thinkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                      It’s not an easy fight but Keith’s best days are behind him.
                      He is in his prime he just needs to fight more.He has not got worse at all he just aint improving and he is fightin better guys now.

Comment

Working...
                      X