Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are y'all acting as if Pacquiao-Matthysse is a good fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm not a manny fan but manny vs matthysse would be the greatest fight of all time

Comment

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
      Matthysse quit like a bytch....he has no heart. Berto never quit and is a warrior. They don't belong in the same sentence. In the end floyd had already beat who he was suppose to beat and he said he was gonna take a ride off into the sunset fight. Thurman hadn't built his name enough at that point and don't talk about mandatories because floyd is bigger than all the sanctioning bodies. Floyd doesn't fight for belts, he fights for who will generate the most money.
      He showed plenty of heart in the Provodnikov fight. Berto is crap. He's the only guy Ortiz showed heart against. Berto isn't near Mattheyse level. His best win is a lucky decision over Collazo and a failed drugs test that meant he didn't get whupped by Ortiz again. I guess a completely faded Ortiz is his best after that.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        He showed plenty of heart in the Provodnikov fight. Berto is crap. He's the only guy Ortiz showed heart against. Berto isn't near Mattheyse level. His best win is a lucky decision over Collazo and a failed drugs test that meant he didn't get whupped by Ortiz again. I guess a completely faded Ortiz is his best after that.
        Matthysse sucks man....berto is a two world champion. Faded shot to pieces judah beat matthysse. He is one of the most overrated fighters of the last ten years.

Comment

I would have no issues whatsoever with Pacquiao taking that fight over crawford because of the money. But I would keep a watchful eye for the hypocrites and pull their coats if they start singing a different tune because its Pacquiao. Pacquiao has let be know he doesnt want anything to do with crawford which is why he's willing to fight bum ass matthysse and bum ass alvarado for much less.

it's more money in pacquiao vs crawford than pacquiao vs matthysse

Comment

Matthysee is a champion at 147 and is a top 10 WW. It's a solid fight.

Comment

before the horn fight pac was ranked in the top five at welter. some even had him at the #1 spot. i mean he did beat bradley and vargas. and according to almost everybody he was robbed vs horn. so why does a robbery loss turn pac from a guy ranked in the top five to "hes washed up and needs to retire"? lol i dont get it. some even try to discredit his win over jesse vargas but when it was rumored vargas was the opponent for thurman it was "he aint no tune up doe". now pac will be lined up as the opponent for crawford/horn winner. point is he is still very much an elite welter even past his prime.

Comment

Matthysse sucks man....berto is a two world champion. Faded shot to pieces judah beat matthysse. He is one of the most overrated fighters of the last ten years.
                so berto is better cause he beat zaveck and mickey rodriguez for belts? pretty sure matthysse's resume is better than that even if you dont count the robberies

Comment

Matthysse quit like a bytch....he has no heart. Berto never quit and is a warrior. They don't belong in the same sentence. In the end floyd had already beat who he was suppose to beat and he said he was gonna take a ride off into the sunset fight. Thurman hadn't built his name enough at that point and don't talk about mandatories because floyd is bigger than all the sanctioning bodies. Floyd doesn't fight for belts, he fights for who will generate the most money.
                  after all these years I have never see anybody defending the utter trash that was floyd vs berto. but here it is at last.. nice try man

most floyd fans usually just pretend that sht never took place at all. i'm one of those. i dont even think showtime bothered to show a replay the following week. lol. it was garbage truck juice.

as a floyd fan there was nothing I could say to justify picking berto over thurman so i just stayed silent. i mean berto wasnt even top 30. smh.

Comment

Matthysse is one the most overrated boxers of the last 10 years.
                    Fair, but what does that make Peterson? Even Garcia, who barely beat Lucas? Even Thurman, who barely beat Garcia?

I agree though in principle. Richard Schaefer himself called Lucas "our own Manny Pacquiao!!!" after the Peterson annihilation. Umm...not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post
                      after all these years I have never see anybody defending the utter trash that was floyd vs berto. but here it is at last.. nice try man

most floyd fans usually just pretend that sht never took place at all. i'm one of those. i dont even think showtime bothered to show a replay the following week. lol. it was garbage truck juice.

as a floyd fan there was nothing I could say to justify picking berto over thurman so i just stayed silent. i mean berto wasnt even top 30. smh.
                      lol1: oh lord you got me rolling man.

Comment

Working...
                      X