Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Round 2 of Mayweather-Mosley the worst round of Floyd's career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MmuhammadM View Post
    As the title says...

Comparisons can be made with Zab judah, etc...

I think it's a general gradual regression, that is getting worse with each fight. Skills do pay the bills, but you can't be in your prime forever.

I've never seen his legs appear that stiff and drained in a fight.
    As for the title of the thread i'd have to agree, it was his worse round, he was rocked twice by a strong puncher when he wasn't expecting it. As for the rest, i don't agree at all. Mosley's a solid ww who landed 2 great shots, yet after that Mayweather managed to get control of the rest of that round, as well as the fight. I honestly find it hard for any ww to have handled those 2 shots as well as he did.

I think Mayweather might be slowing down slightly, but enough that he can't get away with what he used to so easily, but he can still stand in the pocket and back you up and outbox you for 12 rounds with speed, and more important skill.

Comment

Originally posted by HandSpeed303 View Post
      Floyd was in serious trouble against Corley...Frankley, he is luck Corley didn't (doesn't ) have finishing power.
      But he expected Corley to retaliated that way because it was dog fight from the start, and Floyd expected him to landed those shots. With Mosley, Floyd thought Mosley would of waited in the later rounds to tried to turned it into the style and pace that he wants, but Mosley tricked him. If you expect something to happen, you won't be so surprise when it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P305 View Post
        But he expected Corley to retaliated that way because it was dog fight from the start, and Floyd expected him to landed those shots. With Mosley, Floyd thought Mosley would of waited in the later rounds to tried to turned it into the style and pace that he wants, but Mosley tricked him. If you expect something to happen, you won't be so surprise when it happen.
        You do know that the punch Corley landed was pretty much the exact same right hand that Shane did, right? Then he can back with the right, then the left...Floyd was gone. Corley also landed one more huge shot on the ropes (right on the chin) that effected Floyd badley.

Mosley land two good shots. One rocked Floyd, the other buckled his leg, Floyd then held on to his arm tight, got his wits (in a matter of seconds mind you), and made it out of the round landing shot of his own.

The difference to me, Mosley hurt Floyd, but Floyd was not gone. Corley had Floyd gone. I have never seen Floyd that hurt since...That is why I think the Corley round was worst.

Comment

Originally posted by NesNY View Post
          Mosley was FINISHED after 2 rounds....he had NOTHING to be "taken" from him by the late rounds. Once he started moving around all jerky-like and doing that peek-a-boo **** with his hands, he had 0 chance.

And no, this isn't the most he's been hurt in a fight. Floyd was hurt worse against Zab and Chop Chop.

zab...no. corley..yes.

Comment

Originally posted by HandSpeed303 View Post
            You do know that the punch Corley landed was pretty much the exact same right hand that Shane did, right? Then he can back with the right, then the left...Floyd was gone. Corley also landed one more huge shot on the ropes (right on the chin) that effected Floyd badley.

Mosley land two good shots. One rocked Floyd, the other buckled his leg, Floyd then held on to his arm tight, got his wits (in a matter of seconds mind you), and made it out of the round landing shot of his own.

The difference to me, Mosley hurt Floyd, but Floyd was not gone. Corley had Floyd gone. I have never seen Floyd that hurt since...That is why I think the Corley round was worst.
            Okay, fair enough. But how did Corley had him gone when he didn't even knocked him down? I do agree he was badly hurt, but how Corley had him gone?

Comment

Originally posted by P4P305 View Post
              Okay, fair enough. But how did Corley had him gone when he didn't even knocked him down? I do agree he was badly hurt, but how Corley had him gone?

"Gone" was justthe word I used to say that I have never seen Floyd that hurt.

Comment

Corley hurt him worse at 140 imo.

Comment

i hated the moment when mosley landed a right hook and nearly knocked floyd down.
                  but i also knew floyd will beat the **** out of him after that, and he did, mosley didnt win one single round after the second.

Comment

I don't think so because he ended the round stronger & landed power shots of his own.

Comment

Originally posted by MmuhammadM View Post
                      As the title says...

Comparisons can be made with Zab judah, etc...

I think it's a general gradual regression, that is getting worse with each fight. Skills do pay the bills, but you can't be in your prime forever.

I've never seen his legs appear that stiff and drained in a fight.
                      Mosley won the first 1.5 minutes of the second round with two punches. Mayweather came back an d dominated the last 1.5 minutes of the second round. Did you only watch the first half of the second round? If getting hit with two good punches in the the first half of the round and then dominating the second half of it is the worst round of his career, then what you are saying is that Floyd has had a brilliant career and Pac doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of beating Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                      X