Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need advice, wrist pain with left hook

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it was a ganglion then it would be swollen to the outside but its not. When I rub my hand from my knuckles to my wrist it also hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostFighter View Post
      If it was a ganglion then it would be swollen to the outside but its not. When I rub my hand from my knuckles to my wrist it also hurts.
      Just because it doesn't protrude doesn't mean you should rule out swelling.

Sounds A LOT like a tendon issue like I've also stated.

Comment

What ever happened with this injury. I did the exact same thing the same way. Did it ever heal and if so how long did it take?

Comment

Originally posted by scbb View Post
          What ever happened with this injury. I did the exact same thing the same way. Did it ever heal and if so how long did it take?
          Yea it healed mostly. I didn't box for months and let my wrist rest and when I started again I adapted and learned to fight as a southpaw to take the pressure of my left wrist as much as possible. I can now fight both stances as a bonus

Comment

Wear wrist straps as a support

Comment

I have the exact same problem and an ortho doctor put it in a cast for a month which comes off 3/9 with a suspected TFCC injury. That would make 6 weeks of no activity of any kind. I was thinking about just throwing left hooks with my thumb down on 3/10 (My return to the ring) as every other punch has virtually no pain. Why didn't you just try that instead of fighting southpaw

Comment

Originally posted by scbb View Post
                I have the exact same problem and an ortho doctor put it in a cast for a month which comes off 3/9 with a suspected TFCC injury. That would make 6 weeks of no activity of any kind. I was thinking about just throwing left hooks with my thumb down on 3/10 (My return to the ring) as every other punch has virtually no pain. Why didn't you just try that instead of fighting southpaw
                My friend had the same rehab. He wasn't even allowed to really type with the hand, so he went old school and typed with one hand.

Comment

Actually I did something like that too. When ever I need to throw a left hook I throw it with a horizontal fist with thumbs towards me. The energy that goes back into the wrist after a hook punch gets much more dispersed witch is easier on the wrist. But it feels less snappy and powerful then the vertical fist hook, but maybe this is because I have been used of throwing it that way.

Comment

Do you think my 6 week lay off of doing nothing is long enough for my wrist to heal? I also had 2 weeks of training before that immediately after my injury but did not throw hooks so it is more like 8 1/2 weeks.

Comment

I hope it will for you but I'm not a doctor and my injury wasn't exactly the same as yours.

Comment

Working...
                      X