Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward wants 3 tune ups at 175 on HBO in order to fight Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HBO will never give him that kind of deal. They already refused his 3 tune up proposition once, alone with Showtime. There is no reason for them to accept it now, especially after his dreadful fight card on BET that did not attract any fans at all.

Now... tell me again why he is back on top of P4P lists when all he wants to fight are tune ups? I almost choked while watching The Fight Game last night when Lampley announced Ward as his Number one P4P fighter.

Comment

Shouldn't Kovalev be getting 60-40 he is the attraction to this afterall...
      Take the fight over to Canada, the Canucks will root for Krusher Kovalev

Comment

He doesnt feel ready for KOvalev, lol i dont blame him

Comment

Kovalev took the rest of 15' off for vacation time with family and to spend time with his newborn along with working on negotiations to set up a ward fight.

He fights in jan vs a tune up.

If i was team kovalev id fight fonfara in late jan in chicago. And than fight a pascal rematch at stub hub in late may.

Setting up a ward fight at MSG in new york.

Comment

Originally posted by AliBombaye View Post
            So the down syndrome looking guy wants a guarantee of at least $6m if not more fighting people he believes he'll comfortably beat before losing to Kovalev, sounds like a retirement plan to me.
            as long as the fighters are ranked in the division I don't see the issue

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
              He doesnt feel ready for KOvalev, lol i dont blame him
              hunter has stated , that if ward moves up it will be the way he wants him to move up

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                He should have signed with Haymon if that's the case.
                He would then receive big paydays for fighting journeymen (like Garcia for fighting Salka).

Ward has been managed by James Prince, who also manages Bryant Jennings.

That's the guy who sent his henchmen after Mayweather, and they beat up and hospitalized poor old Leonard Ellerbe.

Here's an article about it:

https://pound4poundireland.wordpress...-james-prince/

Comment

I wouldnt mind it being in canada.

Canadian ref. British ,canadaian and aussie judges.

Why was duran leonard in canada??

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
                    I thought they were negotiating a 3 fight deal with HBO with the 3rd fight being Kovalev.

That is the deal. 3 fights then Kovalev

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                      Shouldn't Kovalev be getting 60-40 he is the attraction to this afterall...
                      Take the fight over to Canada, the Canucks will root for Krusher Kovalev

who ****ing cares about the split?

Comment

Working...
                      X