No announcement yet.

Roy Jones Jr. vs. Hasim Rahman.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Jones Jr. vs. Hasim Rahman.

What if RJJ moved up to fight Rahman after he upset Lewis in 2001? Could Jones become Heavyweight Champion of the World?

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
    What if RJJ moved up to fight Rahman after he upset Lewis in 2001? Could Jones become Heavyweight Champion of the World?
    Probably yeah.

Rahman was big but he was pretty poor to be honest.

Comment

Rahman was not consistent and his actual skill sets were not much. Yes Roy coulda.

Comment

Yeah but Rahman would have knocked him tf out if he landed a flush powershot

Comment

There was actually some legit talk of this taking place at one point (not when Rahman was champion) - after Jones won the WBA belt from Ruiz - but the WBA squashed everything when they ordered Roy to fight Vitali Klitschko, the mandatory challenger - Jones declined and vacated.

And then Rahman fought Ruiz for interim-title.

Comment

As long as Rahman didn't blow on him hard. I doubt he could catch with a whiff of air, though

Comment

Rahman would have been extremely dangerous..

People forget that Rahman was very athletic when in shape, and had a good jab.

Rahman lands one shot, he could wreck Roy..

50/50 fight

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post

50/50 fight
                Ruiz rocked Roy with a shot in the first round and it was just a grazing blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post

50/50 fight
                  I disagree!!!! If you are Roy your corner tells you: This guy has a jab, stay on your back foot, don't get caught on the ropes. Roy connects now and then, wins rounds... Rahman was not two handed, so Roy can avoid the right, just keeps moving to the left, feinting and scoring with speed. Easy fight for Roy. I doubt Hasim would win a round in a 12 rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                    I disagree!!!! If you are Roy your corner tells you: This guy has a jab, stay on your back foot, don't get caught on the ropes. Roy connects now and then, wins rounds... Rahman was not two handed, so Roy can avoid the right, just keeps moving to the left, feinting and scoring with speed. Easy fight for Roy. I doubt Hasim would win a round in a 12 rounder.
                    i think so too, rahman was a one handed fighter most of the time, i don't remember him throwing many combinations and he was fairly slow. rahman wasn't faster than ruiz, i can see RJJ avoiding his punches. so long as roy keeps away from the straight right hand he could win a majority decision against rahman. rahman was outboxed by fighters that weren't as good as jones

Comment

Working...
                    X