No announcement yet.

Is This The Most Brutal KO Ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    There are a lot of "top ten" boxing knockout videos on Youtube. There was one I saw some time ago that showed some stomach-turning beatings. That Ray Mercer KO may have even been on it. I believe it was meant as an anti-boxing video. Sorry, I couldn't find it.

But there are plenty of historical KOs that are as bad, or even worse, than the Mercer clip. Marciano's knock out of "Jersey" Joe Walcott left Joe hanging off the ropes like a wet rag. There's an Arturo Gatti clip someone uses as their sig on this site. I don't know who the opponent is, but Gatti lands a three punch combination that made the other fighter look like a bobble-head doll. It all happened so quickly that the ref didn't even have time to react. The painful part of it is that Gatti's opponent was out from the first punch, his body just hadn't dropped yet. The next two shots land cleanly, with the poor guy's eyes rolled into the back of his head.
    That was Joey Gamache. He got a permanent braininjury.

Comment

There are a lot of "top ten" boxing knockout videos on Youtube. There was one I saw some time ago that showed some stomach-turning beatings. That Ray Mercer KO may have even been on it. I believe it was meant as an anti-boxing video. Sorry, I couldn't find it.

But there are plenty of historical KOs that are as bad, or even worse, than the Mercer clip. Marciano's knock out of "Jersey" Joe Walcott left Joe hanging off the ropes like a wet rag. There's an Arturo Gatti clip someone uses as their sig on this site. I don't know who the opponent is, but Gatti lands a three punch combination that made the other fighter look like a bobble-head doll. It all happened so quickly that the ref didn't even have time to react. The painful part of it is that Gatti's opponent was out from the first punch, his body just hadn't dropped yet. The next two shots land cleanly, with the poor guy's eyes rolled into the back of his head.
      I agree with you and know all the ones you're talking about..they're brutal but none of them are as brutal as this one just for the fact that the guy is entangled in the ropes completely defenseless with his arms not free and Mercer has a RUNNING START with a cocked arm punch and just unloads basically a home run swing on this guy's freely open head...that's just a pure brain damage shot I never seen nothing like that before even in light of those other brutal ones you mentioned none of them had a running start with a cocked arm on a motionless target

Comment

Originally posted by etlux View Post
        damn I just realized Mercer is the same guy that gave another top 3 of the most brutal KO ever...against Tommy Morrison...wow Ray truly is THE MERCILESS ONE.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpdeONftgaA

watch the 1:35 minute mark
        That makes two of us. That Morrison KO was just disgusting. The vision came to mind, but I couldn't remember who dealt that beating. Maybe Mercer should change his handle from "Merciless" to "Heartless."

Comment

You need an iron chin to take flush shots from Mercer and stay on your feet. No doubt.

Comment

I agree with you and know all the ones you're talking about..they're brutal but none of them are as brutal as this one just for the fact that the guy is entangled in the ropes completely defenseless with his arms not free and Mercer has a RUNNING START with a cocked arm punch and just unloads basically a home run swing on this guy's freely open head...that's just a pure brain damage shot I never seen nothing like that before even in light of those other brutal ones you mentioned none of them had a running start with a cocked arm on a motionless target
            If unloading a full-force shot against a guy who's basically pinned down is your ultimate definition of "brutal," I would say you're probably right. I can't think of anything else like that off the top of my head.
            Last edited by CubanGuyNYC; 03-24-2010, 12:47 PM.

Comment

If unloading a full-force shot against a guy whose basically pinned down is your ultimate definition of "brutal," I would say you're probably right. I can't think of anything else like that off the top of my head.
              well the morrison one is quite similar...even more brutal I'd say due to the sheer amount of punches unloaded but still..none of them had a damn running start with a cocked arm. That's just like taking a home run swing on someone's face. His head rocked so violently back and forth that it was almost not even noticeable taht's how quick it snapped backwards with the torque of that ****in punch.

Comment

well the morrison one is quite similar...even more brutal I'd say due to the sheer amount of punches unloaded but still..none of them had a damn running start with a cocked arm. That's just like taking a home run swing on someone's face. His head rocked so violently back and forth that it was almost not even noticeable taht's how quick it snapped backwards with the torque of that ****in punch.
                I love boxing and always have, but stuff like this makes you understand why the anti-boxing people take the stand they do. Brutality is part of the game, but there are degrees of brutality. I think that most boxing fans, myself included, have a morbid fascination with that aspect of the sport. But you'd have to be sub-human not to feel for the guy on the receiving
                end of those beatings. There's something in the human psyche that's activated when we witness an utterly defenseless person continue to take unrestrained punishment.
                Last edited by CubanGuyNYC; 03-24-2010, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                  I think that was Ray Mercer vs Jeff Pegues. Brutal stuff.
                  Bump. Saw That Fight on Sun. Night Fights, back in like 2001? Ray Mercer also KO's Don Steele right out of the ring either The Fight before or after This, I can't remember. Merciless Ray. Good guy!

Comment

Working...
                  X