Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious question: Does anyone believe Victor Postol has a chance against Crawford?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revelated View Post
    Victor Postol is not a power puncher. He doesn't move his head. He clinches...a LOT. Looks like he was inspired by Grabomir Clinchko, frankly.

Postol's best work is at range. In close he can get shots but his power is even lower.

To me he's tailor made for Crawford's prime Hearns-ish style.

So...can someone explain to me how exactly Postol has even a fraction of a chance against this guy? How we're not going to see a Joshua/Martin situation?
    Postol wins this fight. Going to put money on it.

Comment

LOLOLO a chance? Postol is to beat crawford down

Comment

Postols length and boxing abilty will shock crawford

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
          Postols length and boxing abilty will shock crawford
          Until he gets bombed , we just saw the same thing happen .

Comment

Victor Postol is not a power puncher. He doesn't move his head. He clinches...a LOT. Looks like he was inspired by Grabomir Clinchko, frankly.

Postol's best work is at range. In close he can get shots but his power is even lower.

So...can someone explain to me how exactly Postol has even a fraction of a chance against this guy? How we're not going to see a Joshua/Martin situation?
            If he's allowed to clinch like he did to Matthysse for six rounds only getting one warning, then he can win basically any fight. He's tall and long enough to get away with it.

But *******s will say "quithysse" and that stuff.

Comment

Crawford doesnt move his head either and he actually gets hit flush more often than Postol.

Comment

Originally posted by Street View Post
                Not in a million years. Crawford is soon to be P4P no. 1 had that guy from the philipines not being afraid of him
                Right, because It makes sense for a 37 year old semi retired HOF fighter to fight a 28 year old guy that hasn't fought above a C grade opponent yet. What exactly does the guy from the Philippines have to gain by fighting Crawford?

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
                  Damn that panda butt, I get mesmerized for like 45 seconds every time i see it,
                  That ass is hypnotic ain't it?

erm.... where were we?

Ah yeah ... Postol - Crawford. Yeah, I'm liking both guys, I'm leaning towards Bud, but I think the Iceman has a real shot - rangy, very good jab and certainly respectable pop - I can see whoever is able to control range best taking this in a tactical jabbing war. Outside of Kovalev - Ward probably my most anticipated fight of the year.

Comment

I think Postol will outbox him.

Comment

Originally posted by djt117 View Post
                      Are you serious?

You're comparing an excellent fight between the top 2 guys at 140, both of whom have outstanding amateur pedigree and real boxing skills, in a contest for the true lineal title in their division ...

... to Joshua vs. Martin???

YOURE EITHER JOKING, TROLLING, OR IRREDEEMABLY STUPID. GTFOH, MORON
                      Talking about the outcome (i.e. Postol letting a ref end the fight after getting starched), not the fight itself.

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
                      Crawford's best win is Gamboa and Postol just sparked out Matthysse so yeah I'd say he has a real good chance of winning.

60-40 in Postol's favor IMO.
                      I'm not even talking about comparing opponents. I'm talking about styles.

In Postol, I saw a light welter version of Grabomir Clinchko when he faced Povetkin. That's what I saw. Nearly a mirror image. He looked gassed, he looked slow, he wasn't listening to the ref and he was frequently distracted.

Lucas quit because of his eye, period. That came when Lucas left his head wide open coming in.

Crawford throws bombs at distance, gets inside when the opponent is wobbled and starts rolling with punches. I simply don't see the Postol I witnessed in his last fight dealing with that amount of abuse.

Originally posted by Fidel456 View Post
                      Postol wins this fight. Going to put money on it.
                      Smart money has Crawford winning by ref stoppage inside of 8 rounds.

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
                      Right, because It makes sense for a 37 year old semi retired HOF fighter to fight a 28 year old guy that hasn't fought above a C grade opponent yet. What exactly does the guy from the Philippines have to gain by fighting Crawford?
                      The fight was signed for July.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...n-bout-july-23
                      Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 05-10-2016, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X