No announcement yet.

Pac: Skills vs Juice - you tell me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pac: Skills vs Juice - you tell me

I just watched every Pac fight since Barrera I. Most posters on here no I don't hug any fighter, but I am of the opinion that you're innocent till proven guilty. While watching these fights I noticed something about Manny. He's always been able to land punches, but at 130 and below he'd dwell on the inside and lean back instead of moving out of harms way. At 135 and up his speed has been a tremendous asset, but he's no longer lingering on the inside after he punches, he's moving backwards or lateral preventing him from catching the same shots he did against Marquez and others. Steroid accusations are rampant, but could he have just become a smarter fighter? It's only my opinion, but he doesn't seem faster, only better. Those who say his power has increased, I don't see that either. It's much easier to put punches together and land harder shots when you aren't eating leather yourself. Opinions in either direction are fine, I'd only ask that you back it up with logic. So?

you just figure this now?

pac has improved tremendously since his days in the lower divisions...

Comment

lol yah pacs real amazing now. he beat up an over the hill weight drained hoya. cotto who was never the same after getting his ass whooped by margarito and still made him drop an extra 2 pounds to drain him. ricky hatton who was never the same after getting whooped by floyd. and david diaz lol.

Comment

Originally posted by pacman777 View Post
        you just figure this now?

pac has improved tremendously since his days in the lower divisions...
        Maybe Im a little slow, but I don't see to many people mentioning what I just said.

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyMayMafia View Post
          lol yah pacs real amazing now. he beat up an over the hill weight drained hoya. cotto who was never the same after getting his ass whooped by margarito and still made him drop an extra 2 pounds to drain him. ricky hatton who was never the same after getting whooped by floyd. and david diaz lol.
          Everyone has some kind of excuse. But is what I said true or false?

Comment

nobody is forcing you to admire pac.. he is boxer of the decade 3 time boxer of the year.. etc etc etc.. its obvious you just hate him so we understand... and oh he is P4p king now.....

and floyd is?? ...................

Comment

Well Cotto only came 1 pound less from his previous fight not two...

And, is not a fact that Hatton was not the same after getting beat by Floyd. After Floyd Hatton stopped a top 140lb fighter... That is like me saying Hatton was not the same after going life and death and get put on queer street against Collazo. Before Floyd fought him...

Comment

People will eat up anything they hear. Its almost like a witchhunt. Its like some people can't decide/think for themselves, and use the press for their conclusions.

But i guess boxing even needs the casual fan too. So you just have to indulge them, or ignore them.

Comment

Pac always had skill he was just raw. You can't do what he did in lower weight-classes against top fighters without skills. But, he refined them skills, he developed a right hand, he developed better footwork, better balance, he became more patient in the ring, his boxing IQ got better, overall he became a better fighter IMO...

Comment

Greater range of punches, not just the straight left.
                    Defense has improved.
                    Movement / elusiveness has improved.
                    And he has fought the right opponents.

JMM gave him hell twice. He hadnt really improved in the rematch.

Innocent until proven guilty.

Comment

Working...
                    X